Wednesday, November 29th

Texas A&M 47, Virginia 59 [Tied 4-4]

Florida 71, Wake Forest 82 [ACC leads 5-4]

Tennessee 92, North Carolina 100 [ACC leads 6-4]

Boston College 80, Vanderbilt 62 [ACC leads 7-4]

Virginia Tech 57, Auburn 74 [ACC leads 7-5]

Georgia 68, Florida State 66 [ACC leads 7-6]

Duke 75, Arkansas 80 [Tied 7-7]

Lol at Bama. Got absolutely bodied down low. Manhood was stripped.

ACC Best Wins:
1. UNC over Tenn - UNC looked like they were going to run UT out of the gym but UT came back and made it a game. This could be one of those games that UT looks back at and gets better by losing.
2. GT over Miss State - State looks to be a pretender and this is a loss that shouldn't have happened to a ranked team.
3. Clemson over Alabama - Shouldn't have happened and even had the TV announcers compare the Bama home crowd to a tennis match. Complete embarrassment.
4. Virginia over aTm - I'm not sold on aTm but on paper they should have been able to compete and they really didn't.

SEC Best Wins:
1. Kentucky over Miami - It was just an ass whipping and Cal's teams usually aren't this strong this early.
2. Arkansas over Duke - Duke was too highly ranked and Arkansas is a good team but don't flood the court afterwards because the Hogs have had enough success to be above that.
3. Georgia over FSU - Georgia has been terrible for quite some time so this was a massive win on a big stage for them.

Biggest disappointments:
1. Alabama - They lost to an average team at best and had their fanbase called out for low energy on national TV.
2. Tennessee - They are lucky they came back and that is there only saving grace because it looked horrible most of the game.
3. Miami - I mean they were playing KY (only reason this isn't higher) but that was a 20 point ass whipping for a ranked team.
4. Miss State - Same boat as Alabama and they didn't belong.

Basically, a pretty even result with the games spread pretty well between strengths and weaknesses of both conferences so a draw isn't that bad of a result and could have gone the other way for either conference. It will be interesting to see how some of these teams end up at the end of the year:

1. Will Miami recover and become the team we thought they would be?
2. Can Tennessee take the lessons from their loss and get better?
3. Will Duke grow as the season goes on or fade?
4. How good are Arkansas and Kentucky?

Great event and I'm glad we do it this was more fun than most pre-season tournaments.

ACC Best Wins:
1. UNC over Tenn - UNC looked like they were going to run UT out of the gym but UT came back and made it a game. This could be one of those games that UT looks back at and gets better by losing.
2. GT over Miss State - State looks to be a pretender and this is a loss that shouldn't have happened to a ranked team.
3. Clemson over Alabama - Shouldn't have happened and even had the TV announcers compare the Bama home crowd to a tennis match. Complete embarrassment.
4. Virginia over aTm - I'm not sold on aTm but on paper they should have been able to compete and they really didn't.

SEC Best Wins:
1. Kentucky over Miami - It was just an ass whipping and Cal's teams usually aren't this strong this early.
2. Arkansas over Duke - Duke was too highly ranked and Arkansas is a good team but don't flood the court afterwards because the Hogs have had enough success to be above that.
3. Georgia over FSU - Georgia has been terrible for quite some time so this was a massive win on a big stage for them.

Biggest disappointments:
1. Alabama - They lost to an average team at best and had their fanbase called out for low energy on national TV.
2. Tennessee - They are lucky they came back and that is there only saving grace because it looked horrible most of the game.
3. Miami - I mean they were playing KY (only reason this isn't higher) but that was a 20 point ass whipping for a ranked team.

Basically, a pretty even result with the games spread pretty well between strengths and weaknesses of both conferences so a draw isn't that bad of a result and could have gone the other way for either conference. It will be interesting to see how some of these teams end up at the end of the year:

Great event and I'm glad we do it this was more fun than most pre-season tournaments.

The Arkansas win prevented the ACC from pretty much running away with it. That evened things up a bit.

I think Miami is overrated, they lost a lot.

As far as the SEC teams, I would pick Kentucky. They don't have a fall down on their face loss yet, which is a good sign.

ACC Best Wins:

SEC Best Wins:

Biggest disappointments:

Eh, Clemson is a better than average team. We'll see how the season ends up, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is Brownell's best team. They have the ability to potentially finish around top 5 in ACC this season.

The Arkansas win prevented the ACC from pretty much running away with it. That evened things up a bit.

I think Miami is overrated, they lost a lot.

As far as the SEC teams, I would pick Kentucky. They don't have a fall down on their face loss yet, which is a good sign.
I agree with Kentucky. They always have the talent but the team is in a perpetual state of one-and-dones so continuity is always an issue. If Cal has gotten the talent we know he has gelled, playing as a team and putting egos aside then watch out.

I'll say this though that Tenn and Arkansas both have tremendous potential and both teams are extremely well-coached. Auburn has a shot to be in the mix but they are going to have to get 3-point shooting going because they were dismal last night 2 for 16 beyond the arch and we have to be better than that. We live or die on our outside shooting percentage this year but everything else is looking pretty good for this point of the year.

Eh, Clemson is a better than average team. We'll see how the season ends up, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is Brownell's best team. They have the ability to potentially finish around top 5 in ACC this season.
I'll stand corrected then but let's not take away the fact that Bama shit the bed though.

Florida nearly got Wake so the same can be said from that side.

This contest was about as even as you can get.

Next year Oklahoma and Texas enter the competition so instead of an ACC school sitting out (this year was Lousiville) an SEC school will be. The SEC is getting stronger and closing the gap.

Florida nearly got Wake so the same can be said from that side.

This contest was about as even as you can get.

Next year Oklahoma and Texas enter the competition so instead of an ACC school sitting out (this year was Lousiville) an SEC school will be. The SEC is getting stronger and closing the gap.

Realignment is going to water down the whole conference vs conference thing as there's too many teams in the 4 football conferences now.

It's really about being able to beat enough teams in the OOC from the other 4 conferences, plus Big East, Gonzaga and whichever other mid-major happens to be good.

With 16 teams, you basically guarantee that you will never be REALLY bad.

For a few years, the PAC-12 was almost like a mid-major, but they had a bit of a mini-ressurection before their ultimate demise

Realignment is going to water down the whole conference vs conference thing as there's too many teams in the 4 football conferences now.

It's really about being able to beat enough teams in the OOC from the other 4 conferences, plus Big East, Gonzaga and whichever other mid-major happens to be good.

With 16 teams, you basically guarantee that you will never be REALLY bad.

For a few years, the PAC-12 was almost like a mid-major, but they had a bit of a mini-ressurection before their ultimate demise
I definitely think conference play will be a gauntlet but I really like the conference vs conference format to start the season. In fact, I would be ok with doing away with pre-season tournaments and replacing them with 3 weeks of them:

SEC vs B1G
SEC vs Big 12
SEC vs ACC

That would be fun.

I definitely think conference play will be a gauntlet but I really like the conference vs conference format to start the season. In fact, I would be ok with doing away with pre-season tournaments and replacing them with 3 weeks of them:

SEC vs B1G
SEC vs Big 12
SEC vs ACC

That would be fun.

I don't like it.

The idea is to play as few OOC teams from major conferences as possible in the preseason so that in the tournament you match up with teams you haven't seen.

But ... you still need some baseline of how many bids to give a conference. So you have to play some games.

It will be interesting to see if the number of bids goes up for the football conferences after relalignment is in place.

If it does NOT, I actually think it might help the tournament.