A Wednesday Thread

Afternoon everyone, checking in from the resort town Rock Hall, MD where my friend lives. Rock Hall is awesome, only problem is a lot of people from Philly visit here and we all know how THOSE people are. :)

Reactions: ill
Got an email today saying I need to pick up a parking pass at the leasing office by Friday, otherwise vehicle could be towed.

The fuck

Got an email today saying I need to pick up a parking pass at the leasing office by Friday, otherwise vehicle could be towed.

The fuck
Solid heads up.

Reactions: Me
Just learned my 72k in v cash will not be transferring. Worst news all week

Back from FIL's funeral and after party. Wife tells me she's almost finished the bottle of wine her nephew bought her. No kidding, honey? The family is letting the good spirits flow, if you catch my drift.

Graveside service was cool. Military send off, then we were able to put mementos inside the grave, next to the cremains box. I saw some of them...a small bag of cookies he liked, letters, flowers. My son dropped in the bottle opener ( (circa 1920) grandpa gave him inscribed with the name of a bar in this town I've never heard of. Given to him by his FIL long ago.

I dropped in a sanding block he made for one of our projects. Seems silly, but it was one-of-a-kind made by him.

He had a good life. RIP, Tom.

Back from FIL's funeral and after party. Wife tells me she's almost finished the bottle of wine her nephew bought her. No kidding, honey? The family is letting the good spirits flow, if you catch my drift.

Graveside service was cool. Military send off, then we were able to put mementos inside the grave, next to the cremains box. I saw some of them...a small bag of cookies he liked, letters, flowers. My son dropped in the bottle opener ( (circa 1920) grandpa gave him inscribed with the name of a bar in this town I've never heard of. Given to him by his FIL long ago.

I dropped in a sanding block he made for one of our projects. Seems silly, but it was one-of-a-kind made by him.

when my grandfather passed away, I was a rock until they played the trumpets at his casket. I looked over at his best friend who was crying and I just cracked.

Ava Maria in the church was a killer and Taps always is, too.

Swing Low will do it for me. My grandma liked to play the guitar, and said she was playing that song when she got the call that my cousin had died

I was a somewhat fortunate soul, didn't lose any real close relatives to me until my grandmother died when I was 16. "How Great Thou Art" was the recessional, still tough for me to hear 25 years later.

At my dad's, there's 3 6 packs of Mickey's in the fridge (he's not driving them, but his gf is).