First Bracketology of the Season

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
Midwest Regional(Detroit, MI)

1. Purdue
16. LAFAYETTE(PL)/EASTERN KENTUCKY(ASUN)

-Gainbridge Fieldhouse(Indianapolis, IN)
8. Texas A&M
9. Texas Tech

5. Marquette
12. INDIANA STATE(MVC)
- Barclays Center(Brooklyn, NY)
4. Duke
13. DREXEL(CAA)

6. Illinois
11. New Mexico/Northwestern
- Spectrum Center(Charlotte, NC)
3. Auburn
14. EASTERN WASHINGTON(BIG SKY)

7. BYU
10. PRINCETON(IVY)
- Delta Center(Salt Lake City, UT)
2. Arizona
15. ST PETER’S(MAAC)

East Regional(Boston, MA))

1. UCONN(BIG EAST)
16. NCCU(MEAC)/OMAHA(SUMMIT)

- Barclays Center(Brooklyn, NY)
8. TCU
9. Ole Miss

5. Clemson
12. ST. MARY’S(WCC)
- PPG Paints Arena(Pittsburgh, PA)
4. Kentucky
13. AKRON(MAC)

6. Florida Atlantic
11. Wake Forest
- CHI Health Center(Omaha, NE)
3. Tennessee
14. VERMONT(AM EAST)

7. San Diego State
10. Michigan State
- Fed Ex Forum(Memphis, TN)
2. BAYLOR(BIG 12)
15. MERRIMACK(NEC)

South Regional(Dallas, TX)

1. Kansas
16. WESTERN ILLINOIS(OVC)
- CHI Health Center(Omaha, NE)
8. Utah
9. Mississippi State

5. Colorado State
12. Nebraska/Butler
- Spokane VMA(Spokane, WA)
4. MEMPHIS(AAC)
13. SAMFORD(SO. CON)

6. Iowa State
11. Boise State
- Delta Center(Salt Lake City, UT)
3. UTAH STATE(MVC)
14. OAKLAND(HORIZON)

7. Villanova
10. GRAND CANYON(WAC)
- Gainbridge Fieldhouse(Indianapolis, IN)
2. WISCONSIN(B1G)
15. SOUTHERN(SWAC)

West Regional(Los Angeles, CA)

1. UNC(ACC)
16. SAM HOUSTON ST(CUSA)

- Spectrum Center(Charlotte, NC)
8. Seton Hall
9. Nevada

5. Oklahoma
12. MCNEESE STATE(SOUTHLAND)
- Spokane VMA(Spokane, WA)
4. Creighton
13. UC-IRVINE(BIG WEST)

6. ALABAMA(SEC)
11. OREGON(P12)

- PPG Paints Arena(Pittsburgh, PA)
3. DAYTON(A10)
14. TROY(SUN BELT)

7. St. John’s
10. South Carolina
- Fed Ex Forum(Memphis, TN)
2. Houston
15. WINTHROP(BIG SOUTH)

Top 10 “S” Curve:
Purdue, Uconn, Kansas, North Carolina, Houston, Baylor, Wisconsin, Arizona, Tennessee, Auburn
Last 4 BYES:
Michigan State, South Carolina, Boise State, Wake Forest
Last 4 IN: Nebraska, Northwestern, New Mexico, Butler
First 4 OUT: Ohio State, Miami(Fl), Gonzaga, Cincinnati
Next 4 OUT:
Colorado, Kansas State, Florida, Texas

BOLDED = Current Projected AQ Leader(Team currently first in conference. If tied with same record, highest NET ranking is selected)

Bracketing Procedural bumps: To avoid a potential S16 rematch between Uconn and Marquette, Kentucky received a seed line bump in favor of Marquette.

:beer2:

Games Of Note:

Tuesday, January 16th:

Samford(15-2) @ Western Carolina(15-2) – 6:00 | CBSSN
Wake Forest(12-4) @ NC State(12-4) – 7:00 | ACCN
#9 Baylor(14-2) @ Kansas State(12-4) – 8:00 | ESPN+
St. John’s(12-5) @ Seton Hall(12-5) – 8:30 | FS1
UGA(12-4) @ South Carolina(14-2) – 9:00 | ESPNU
UNLV(8-7) @ Boise State(12-4) – 10:00 | CBSSN
#16 Utah State(16-1) @ New Mexico(14-3) – 10:30 | FS1

Wednesday, January 17th:

Florida State(10-6) @ Miami(12-4) – 7:00 | ACCN
Nebraska(13-4) @ Rutgers(9-7) – 7:00 | BTN
#25 Texas Tech(14-2) @ #5 Houston(14-2) – 9:00 | ESPNU
Maryland(11-6) @ Northwestern(12-4) – 9:00 | BTN
Nevada(15-2) @ San Diego State(14-3) – 11:00 | CBSSN

Thursday, January 18th:

Minnesota(12-5) @ Michigan State(10-7) – 6:30 | FS1
Gonzaga(11-5) @ Pepperdine(9-10) – 10:00 | ESPN+
Oregon(13-3) @ Colorado(12-5) – 10:30 | FS1

Would be interested to see an updated one with the top 16 reveal next Saturday.

I am far from a bracketologist but from what ive gathered from the mainstream brackets and people online I trust as being real knowledgeable, the bubble per usual is a shit show while the top half is pretty solidly set right now(barring collapses or runs)

It appears the clear cut top 3 are Purdue/Uconn/Houston

Big gap

Then a clear 4-8 for the final 1 and 2s are in no order Zona(probably the 1 right now), Kansas, Marquette, UNC, Tennessee

Big gap

3 seeds. With it seems like really only ISU trending in steady direction to a 2.

I am far from a bracketologist but from what ive gathered from the mainstream brackets and people online I trust as being real knowledgeable, the bubble per usual is a shit show while the top half is pretty solidly set right now(barring collapses or runs)

Big gap

Then a clear 4-8 for the final 1 and 2s are in no order Zona(probably the 1 right now), Kansas, Marquette, UNC, Tennessee

Big gap

3 seeds. With it seems like really only ISU trending in steady direction to a 2.

I'm gonna do another update on Friday afternoon before the reveal.

There is a clear cut top 3. Purdue, Uconn and Houston in that order IMO. Those teams could probably lose 4 more times each and still be on the 1 line, that's how much they've separated.

After that, I'd have AZ as the final #1 seed. Then I would have UNC, KU, Tennessee and Marquette as the final #2. It makes bracketing pretty easy because KU and Houston and Uconn and Marquette can't be in the same bracket. So it would be:

#1. Purdue/#2. Marquette - Midwest
#1. Uconn/#2. Kansas - East
#1. Houston/#2. Tennessee - South
#1. AZ/#2. UNC - West

ISU would be the top 3 seed and they'd probably be placed in the Midwest. Which works perfect geographically and from a S Curve perspective. Then I'd have Baylor as 10 on the S Curve, and based on the above would have to get placed in the West.

It's going to be interesting because there is going to be a cluster of B12 and SEC teams in the top 12, so there might be a procedural bump. Because my next 2 teams would be Bama and Auburn but neither of them can be the 3 in the above scenario. My guess is Duke gets the seed bump, well because they're Duke.

Big gap

Big gap

Traditionally, the Big East gets screwed in these mid season reveals.

Their power numbers aren't as good as the other teams usually.

The thing I'm interested to see is the order of the #2s.

Of the four you listed, I think it will be ... Tennessee, UNC, Kansas, Marquette.

I think it SHOULD be ... Marquette, Kansas, UNC, Tennessee.

The 4th #1 is still in total flux.

Traditionally, the Big East gets screwed in these mid season reveals.

Their power numbers aren't as good as the other teams usually.

The thing I'm interested to see is the order of the #2s.

Of the four you listed, I think it will be ... Tennessee, UNC, Kansas, Marquette.

I think it SHOULD be ... Marquette, Kansas, UNC, Tennessee.

The 4th #1 is still in total flux.
I think the top of BE is pretty highly respected. Last year we were treated fairly in reveal.

I think they will have us as the 7 currently. Maybe last 2 if we lose to Butler(tho they barely look at the current week).

Either way. Not too stressed. Want a top 2 seed but 3 isn’t end of world. Bigger key is getting Indy as a protected sight. Basically have to stay ahead of UW and Illinois and it’s ours.

5 guranteed Q1 games left. Go 3-2 vs Uconn(2), at Butler, at Creighton, at X. Basically a lock for a 2 seed barring collapse in the other 3 games. Potential for the final 1 seed depending on other teams/BET.

Uconn will be very respected as a clear 1

Creighton I think is destined for a 4 or 5. Will be tough for committee to under or overseed them. If Creighton shows up a 4 on Saturday that could be good sign for league tho.

Butler will be the interesting seeding overall come March.

ISU gonna fuck around and take that 2 seed from Kansas

I think the top of BE is pretty highly respected. Last year we were treated fairly in reveal.

I think they will have us as the 7 currently. Maybe last 2 if we lose to Butler(tho they barely look at the current week).

Either way. Not too stressed. Want a top 2 seed but 3 isn’t end of world. Bigger key is getting Indy as a protected sight. Basically have to stay ahead of UW and Illinois and it’s ours.

5 guranteed Q1 games left. Go 3-2 vs Uconn(2), at Butler, at Creighton, at X. Basically a lock for a 2 seed barring collapse in the other 3 games. Potential for the final 1 seed depending on other teams/BET.

Uconn will be very respected as a clear 1

Creighton I think is destined for a 4 or 5. Will be tough for committee to under or overseed them. If Creighton shows up a 4 on Saturday that could be good sign for league tho.

Butler will be the interesting seeding overall come March.

I think the reveal will tell if they're closer to a 1 or a 3, but barring a collapse I think at least a 3 seed.

I think the reveal will tell if they're closer to a 1 or a 3, but barring a collapse I think at least a 3 seed.

Im pretty certain we are far from a 3 in terms of actually falling to a 3. And now with Kansas and UNC sputtering I think theres a good chance we are the 5th or 6th seeded team overall as well.

Honestly not sure Id want to some how climb to a 1 either. 8/9 game is chaos and in the hypothetical we get a 1. It means we get the West region and Zona as the 2 seed for a potential road EE game.

Im pretty certain we are far from a 3 in terms of actually falling to a 3. And now with Kansas and UNC sputtering I think theres a good chance we are the 5th or 6th seeded team overall as well.

Honestly not sure Id want to some how climb to a 1 either. 8/9 game is chaos and in the hypothetical we get a 1. It means we get the West region and Zona as the 2 seed for a potential road EE game.

I'd like to see how they have UNC.

I don't think they've been too good. Plus, not only did they lose to this years Nova neutral, they got outcoached down the stretch and that says a lot.

Purdue's remaining schedule is a joke.

They're locked into that #1 seed.

ISU gonna fuck around and take that 2 seed from Kansas

Iowa State and South Carolina are huge ? for me.

I haven't seen them play yet this year, but theyre getting wins in good conferences, see how they do down the stretch

Iowa State and South Carolina are huge ? for me.

I haven't seen them play yet this year, but theyre getting wins in good conferences, see how they do down the stretch

ISU is so good defensively. I do agree with TO on Field of 68 last night though. Hes still unsure of their March potential because offensively they are so poor in the half court.

If they face a team that takes care of the ball and doesnt let them have transition points, they are in trouble.

South Carolina was terrible yesterday.

I mean, kudos to them for having a good year, but they got smoked

South Carolina was terrible yesterday.

I mean, kudos to them for having a good year, but they got smoked

Impressive year

But they are not anywhere close to an actual top 15 team

Impressive year

But they are not anywhere close to an actual top 15 team
wonder if they could end up back on the bubble if they go 1-4 or 0-5 in their final five games. NET is currently #58, kenpom is #55, 2 Q1 and 6 Q2 wins. i'm guessing the 6 Q2 wins would put them in, but they will be an interesting team to watch if they drop their next two.

wonder if they could end up back on the bubble if they go 1-4 or 0-5 in their final five games. NET is currently #58, kenpom is #55, 2 Q1 and 6 Q2 wins. i'm guessing the 6 Q2 wins would put them in, but they will be an interesting team to watch if they drop their next two.
Where are the mighty Charlotte 49ers?! LOL!!!