Score!

This was at a Goodwill store.
Ah gotcha. Well done, that was a nice find. I enjoy hitting up thrift shops and used to hit up estate sales, but haven't done either in years now. usually leave with nothing but some fun things can be uncovered.

I found one in New Orleans when I was wandering around the French Quarter that was just the coolest...but I thought if I touched any of the books, all the stacks around me would come falling down.

Sounds like the apartment of a friend of mine. Wall to wall books. A smallish tremor would bring them all down.

So, go to the library yesterday to pick up a book I ordered and they had a bunch of culls for free. Picked up 3 Lewis Grizzard books. Scored some chuckles.

Went to 2 small town Garage Sales days this am. Wound up buying 101 books total of which 5 were century old books I paid $5 per. One lot was 78 western paperbacks for less than 20 cents each.

Found a new place to score. All proceeds go to charity, staffed by volunteers, books are donated. So the deal, buy a bag for $3, fill it for $7 more. Walked out with 24 books and I can go back for $7 refills.

Found a new place to score. All proceeds go to charity, staffed by volunteers, books are donated. So the deal, buy a bag for $3, fill it for $7 more. Walked out with 24 books and I can go back for $7 refills.
We used to have places like that but they all eventually went out of business. You could always score something good to read for next to nothing. Now paperback books are through the roof expensive! I'm trying to use the library more.

We used to have places like that but they all eventually went out of business. You could always score something good to read for next to nothing. Now paperback books are through the roof expensive! I'm trying to use the library more.
I accumulate books. My TBR shelf may need to expand to 2 shelves. Just can't bring myself to sell them.