UFC 264

I don't know what keeps a man walking through that. I can't wait to see him again.

O'Malley is accurate ... like really accurate. But he is only throwing those shots at 50 percent power. It's when he stuns a guy after hitting him so much, that's when he loads up and with his accuracy and him throwing bombs, he almost always finishes the job. The problem last night was Moutinho never really got stunned enough for Sean to have a chance to really throw his power. Like at the end of the first round, when sean almost ended the fight.

That never happened in the 2nd round. And It finally came at the end of the 3rd and Herb saw Sean had him almost out and was about to kill him. I hated to see the stoppage ... but it was a great stoppage if we want to make sure we won't watch a man die on live TV.
If I was his corner man, I wouldn't have let him go out in the second.

I don't know what keeps a man walking through that. I can't wait to see him again.

O'Malley is accurate ... like really accurate. But he is only throwing those shots at 50 percent power. It's when he stuns a guy after hitting him so much, that's when he loads up and with his accuracy and him throwing bombs, he almost always finishes the job. The problem last night was Moutinho never really got stunned enough for Sean to have a chance to really throw his power. Like at the end of the first round, when sean almost ended the fight.

That never happened in the 2nd round. And It finally came at the end of the 3rd and Herb saw Sean had him almost out and was about to kill him. I hated to see the stoppage ... but it was a great stoppage if we want to make sure we won't watch a man die on live TV.
I was like this at my tv

florida state GIF

...what was lost in Saturday’s ugliness is the beauty of what’s next: It’s all but certain that Poirier’s next fight will be against Charles Oliveira, a fellow underdog who’s scratched and clawed for everything he’s gotten in MMA. There’s 39 combined UFC wins and 21 combined years of UFC experience between the two men, for both of whom nothing was ever given and nothing was ever easy.

Shaun Al-Shatti

:clap:

This was a good read...same guy:

About the Moutinho / Herb Dean stoppage

I’ll admit it: When Herb Dean first jumped in to save Kris Moutinho from Sean O’Malley, my knee-jerk reaction was righteous outrage.

In retrospect, it’s hard for me to say Dean made a mistake. Even if I may not have particularly enjoyed his decision, at least in the romantic just-let-this-guy-have-his-moment sense, I also understand that moral victories have zero tangible value in the real world, and allowing “just another 30 seconds” of O’Malley teeing off with unabated head shots is how far too many athletes have lost their lives in the boxing ring.

Besides, in the grand scheme of things, I don’t think it much matters. No one walked away from UFC 264 anything less than impressed with the otherworldly heart of Moutinho. It was somewhat reminiscent of Tony Ferguson vs. Lando Vannata, only far more one-sided. The UFC booked Moutinho in an effort to get O’Malley some shine on a big card, and in a weird way, the opposite happened as well. That’s always the fun with these short-notice opportunities. Sure, O’Malley is going to continue on and keep riding his upward trajectory, but now there are going to be a parade of people lining up to tune in for Moutinho’s next fight as well.
Let’s just hope he learns some head movement before then. @Bayou Tiger lmao

And oh yeah...I forgot about Pereira’s standing moonsaults...the guy's a freak of nature.

Pereira’s fight against Price may not have been the fully-off-the-rails affair we expected, but it was still tons of fun and ended on a real high note. I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but at this point if you don’t enjoy Pereira for what he is, I’m sorry but we can’t be friends.

Shaun Al-Shatti​

Deputy Editor, MMA Fighting at Vox Media, LLC.
Glendale, AZ

:clap:

McGregor is only 1-3 while competing in UFC's lightweight division. He's 7-0 in UFC's featherweight division, and 3-4 in non-featherweight bouts. There's more to his recent struggles (he's a cokehead who fought once between December 2016 and December 2019) than weight class, but that is an interesting tidbit.

1626443970963.png

I'm no fan of Jake Paul, but this is funny.

Dustin Poirier can add a few more diamonds to his collection thanks to Jake Paul in the aftermath of his victory over Conor McGregor at UFC 264 (watch highlights).

Paul finally got around to sending his $100,000 “Sleepy McGregor” diamond-encrusted chain to Poirier. The YouTuber-turned-boxer — who fights Tyron Woodley on Sun., Aug. 29, 2021 — shared on Tuesday that Poirier will auction the necklace with the proceeds benefitting charity. Paul included a handwritten note to Poirier with the chain:

“Dear Dustin,” the letter from Paul reads. “Congrats for your much-earned victory. I love what you are doing with your Good Fight Foundation! You deserve this chain more than me! Good always defeats evil! Keep winning! Love Jake. P.S. Tell Jolie I said ‘hi’ — she’s a badass!”