2023 -- the best year for CFB blue bloods ever?

Not sure all of those are mega blue bloods.

Georgia, LSU and Penn State aren’t blue bloods, and I’d turn down the invite. Being good a million years ago means nothing

I said bluebloods

giphy.gif

Georgia, LSU and Penn State aren’t blue bloods, and I’d turn down the invite. Being good a million years ago means nothing

These aren't blue bloods though. They are the updated mega super duper blue bloods. Totally different

Blue Bloods are

Alabama
ND
Ohio State
Michihan
USC
Oklahoma
Nebraska
Texas(only because of money)
That is definitely the list from my era. I guess we could add a “new age” category.

But, if money is a blue blood solely based on money, wouldn’t A&M be on the list? There are a bunch of rich aggies and they are increasing exponentially! Texas universities by enrollment Some are surprising.

1. A&M - 77,491
2. Texas - 53,082
3. UNT - 46, 940
4. Houston - 46,676
5. UT Arlington - 41,376
6. Texas Tech - 40,127
7. Texas State - 38,759
8. UTSA - 34,864
9. UTRGV - 31,596
10. UT Dallas - 30,846
11. UTEP - 24,351

Last edited:
That is definitely the list from my era. I guess we could add a “new age” category.

But, if money is a blue blood solely based on money, wouldn’t A&M be on the list? There are a bunch of rich aggies and they are increasing exponentially! Texas universities by enrollment Some are surprising.

1. A&M - 77,491
2. Texas - 53,082
3. UNT - 46, 940
4. Houston - 46,676
5. UT Arlington - 41,376
6. Texas Tech - 40,127
7. Texas State - 38,759
8. UTSA - 34,864
9. UTRGV - 31,596
10. UT Dallas - 30,846
11. UTEP - 24,351
That sentenced sucked. But you get the point. Here's what surprised me.
1. I knew A&M was the largest but I didn't know it was by 24,000
2. I'd have bet UTSA as 3rd but they are all the way down to 8th.
3. Had no idea UT Dallas was that large.
4. My guys can't even make the top 10! :faint:

OP's Tweet needs to define Blueblood. Not sure that LSU and UGA are on that list. I don't consider UGA to be a BB.

We are kind of in an interesting space on such a list - we aren't a BB, IMO, but we aren't Nouveau riche, either. BB are what are listed in @Mistaken4193 above. Nouveau riche are teams like Miami, FSU, UF, and a few others. UGA, LSU, PSU, Tenn, AU, Clemson, USC just don't really fit into either category. And, of course, we are not even talking about the Ivys.

OP's Tweet needs to define Blueblood. Not sure that LSU and UGA are on that list. I don't consider UGA to be a BB.

We are kind of in an interesting space on such a list - we aren't a BB, IMO, but we aren't Nouveau riche, either. BB are what are listed in @Mistaken4193 above. Nouveau riche are teams like Miami, FSU, UF, and a few others. UGA, LSU, PSU, Tenn, AU, Clemson, USC just don't really fit into either category. And, of course, we are not even talking about the Ivys.
Why not?