Big East Basketball

Incredible half.

95% chance we still lose because we simply don't have the bodies but that was fun. If Lewis were healthy this game would be a white washing because we wouldnt be forced to play Cain til he has 3 fouls. And we potentially would have 2-3 more wins to boot.

Our bench tho.......my god. Carton can't sit. Hes killing the UNC bigs. Perez, Torrence and McEwen are abominations to college basketball. McEwen is a joke.

Pitino not being able to land Garcia is going to haunt me for a while. I get not being able to land the likes of the Jones' brothers, Trent, Vaughn etc. But landing a top 40 guy from your home state should be a given. Everytime I watch Marquette he balls out. Also, he's like the perfect fit for this Gophers team too.

Incredible half.

95% chance we still lose because we simply don't have the bodies but that was fun. If Lewis were healthy this game would be a white washing because we wouldnt be forced to play Cain til he has 3 fouls. And we potentially would have 2-3 more wins to boot.

Our bench tho.......my god. Carton can't sit. Hes killing the UNC bigs. Perez, Torrence and McEwen are abominations to college basketball. McEwen is a joke.

They look good. Best I've seen them play since the Wisconsin game. Granted I haven't seen all the games, so they may have played better in between then.

They look good. Best I've seen them play since the Wisconsin game. Granted I haven't seen all the games, so they may have played better in between then.

At Creighton was another smooth offensive game.

We always look good for a while though. But the reason almost every game is close is because we don't have the bodies to sustain it. If we are down 16, probably gonna comeback and make it interesting. Up 16? Live bet the shit outta UNC.

Either way, fun half though.

Also lets see what Wojo is made of here.

Wojo is really solid adjusting to what the opposing team is doing to beat us out of the gates. But hes downright awful at adjusting to other teams adjustments to us.

UNC will probably adjust.

This is our 23rd game and we still dont know how to inbound the ball....

Well, that was fun at least.

UNC scheduled themselves into a last minute Q3 loss lol

Count me in for Marquette potentially winning the Big East Tournament if they play like that.

Count me in for Marquette potentially winning the Big East Tournament if they play like that.

Haha that aint happening, especially if we can't avoid Nova. And 4 days straight with a 8 man roster(assuming Lewis never returns) containing 3 guys who belong at Mercer is not ideal.

BUT, the brilliance to adding this UNC game, is that I think it opens a punchers chance at not needing to win the BET. Don't get me wrong it isnt happening. But winning out the last 3 may potentially gives us an opening to not have to run the table 4 consecutive days.

Haha that aint happening, especially if we can't avoid Nova. And 4 days straight with a 8 man roster(assuming Lewis never returns) containing 3 guys who belong at Mercer is not ideal.

BUT, the brilliance to adding this UNC game, is that I think it opens a punchers chance at not needing to win the BET. Don't get me wrong it isnt happening. But winning out the last 3 may potentially gives us an opening to not have to run the table 4 consecutive days.

17-13 would be interested. I don't think it would make the cut, but you never know. Bubble teams are losing left and right.

17-13 would be interested. I don't think it would make the cut, but you never know. Bubble teams are losing left and right.

Under that scenario I think our projected NET would be like 60. Handful of Q1s and 7 road wins. Maybe would work haha.

Shit, we got 5 fucking road wins right now. Tourney isnt played at Fiserv, let us in!!!!

Under that scenario I think our projected NET would be like 60. Handful of Q1s and 7 road wins. Maybe would work haha.

Shit, we got 5 fucking road wins right now. Tourney isnt played at Fiserv, let us in!!!!

Shit if you combined your squads, you have a hell of a team! Lol.

Shit if you combined your squads, you have a hell of a team! Lol.

Haha seriously.

Speaking of which. Dawson Garcia is 100% what the Gophs are missing. He needs to add strength and lean how to jump when under the hoop. But hes so talented everywhere else. Imagine swapping Eric fucking Curry for DG.

Haha seriously.

Speaking of which. Dawson Garcia is 100% what the Gophs are missing. He needs to add strength and lean how to jump when under the hoop. But hes so talented everywhere else. Imagine swapping Eric fucking Curry for DG.

I said that earlier. A stretch 4 that can actually stretch. Lol. Hell I'd do a straight up Garcia for Johnson swap. Garcia is a really talented player.

I said that earlier. A stretch 4 that can actually stretch. Lol. Hell I'd do a straight up Garcia for Johnson swap. Garcia is a really talented player.

Yeah DG definitely better than BJ as well. But having a real starting stretch 4 also makes BJ that much better/more valuable. Because hes a hell of a bench guy with his energy. Just shouldnt be your starting 4.

Also,

The BE gonna get only 2 damn bids?? Good god this is bad.

I do love seeing SHU melt down though. Shame we handed those fuckers two wins. Would love to see them miss out.

That fucker Kunkel for X has the game of his life vs MU. Hes been absolutely rancid ever since. They lost tonight. Big trouble.

Uconn probably gets in.

Yea, that was dumb.

I can think of a bunch of Q3 teams I would have scheduled rather than Marquette.

Scheduling Marquette was a lose-lose. Good chance you lose the game and you don't get much if you win. Might as well go out and bring in Kentucky...

Yea, that was dumb.

I can think of a bunch of Q3 teams I would have scheduled rather than Marquette.

Scheduling Marquette was a lose-lose. Good chance you lose the game and you don't get much if you win. Might as well go out and bring in Kentucky...

Yeah it was really weird. It's almost like they were banking on our name carrying some weight or something.

And while UNC certainly should expect to win. Its an odd gamble scheduling a Q3 game against a team that plays every single game outside of Nova, competitively. Even if we look bad a lot of the time doing it.

Also,

The BE gonna get only 2 damn bids?? Good god this is bad.

I do love seeing SHU melt down though. Shame we handed those fuckers two wins. Would love to see them miss out.

That fucker Kunkel for X has the game of his life vs MU. Hes been absolutely rancid ever since. They lost tonight. Big trouble.

Uconn probably gets in.

I'd say 3. Yea, the conference is not good this year.

Teams like G'town and St Johns and Butler pretty much assumed this was a throw away year, yet they have 20 wins betwen them.

Xavier wasn't expecting to be good either but benefitted from 'timely pauses'.

UConn probably gets in but I don't expect them to do anything.