Copa America 2021

Paraguay won't be a gimme for Argentina. Uruguay v Chile could be either really really good, or really really boring.
Paraguay dominated until it was time to score. Messi was uncharacteristically sloppy yesterday with his touches. Aguero sighting in that game..but just barely.

Paraguay dominated until it was time to score. Messi was uncharacteristically sloppy yesterday with his touches. Aguero sighting in that game..but just barely.
He is still so awesome tho. About the 80 minute mark, Paraguay had been putting some real pressure on them, and had been in their quarter of the field for about 6 straight minutes, when Messi came all the way back from his "forward" position to the corner of the field to take the ball and regain possession. He made a little loopy flip pass to get out of traffic that was just brilliant, and then seconds later drew a yellow on a Paraguay defender.

That little flip pass was something.

It was an amazing goal then the referee (who they picked specifically for this game) fucked up and allowed Brazil a scoring opportunity after it hit him. Dumbass. And the Columbia blows it on the final corner kick. Wild game and rough game.

Not sure if I would go that far, but he should have blown the whistle when the ball hit him.

Quarter-finals set:
copa.jpg

Starting to look like Argentina Brazil but won't count out Urguay or Chile (even though Chile has looked like crap so far).

Starting to look like Argentina Brazil but won't count out Urguay or Chile (even though Chile has looked like crap so far).
Yep, Copa America is definitely one tournament where anything can and usually does happen.

Approaching PK's in the first QF match

Chile garbage. That golden generation is dead. Nearly 45 minutes with an extra and zip.

Chile garbage. That golden generation is dead. Nearly 45 minutes with an extra and zip.
But at least they won something, two Copas, unlike other countries Golden Generations, looking at Belgium, England, and Portugal (Figo, Rui Costa, etc). But yeah, they’re done.

Wow. You know that red card on Brazil was a really bad play and obvious red when even they didn’t complain about call

But at least they won something, two Copas, unlike other countries Golden Generations, looking at Belgium, England, and Portugal (Figo, Rui Costa, etc). But yeah, they’re done.
True that was a Golden Generation. I still remember the game in Santa Clara, CA (my hometown as a child), I think Copa America Centario, where they thrashed Mexico 7-1 (I think that was the score). Mexico fans there raining shit down on the field (like recent USA - Mexico game). I loved every minute of that thrashing just the German Golden German golden generation rained holy hell on Brazil in 2014 7-1.

Not so exciting Brazil win. I don't see this Brazil as better than Italy, England, or France at this point.

Not so exciting Brazil win. I don't see this Brazil as better than Italy, England, or France at this point.
IMO, they were much better in the last Copa, without Neymar.

IMO, they were much better in the last Copa, without Neymar.
Correct. It is like they all wait for Neymar to do some dancing or get fouled. He hogs up all the air for Brazil. Weird to watch them.

Correct. It is like they all wait for Neymar to do some dancing or get fouled. He hogs up all the air for Brazil. Weird to watch them.
Yep. last Copa, they played like we are used to seeing Brazil, open, free flowing, great teamwork etc. Neymar really does try to hog the limelight and seems to really hold them up.

Hoping tonight's game is better than last night. I think Argentina will win, but it could go either way, depending which Colombia team shows up.

Hoping tonight's game is better than last night. I think Argentina will win, but it could go either way, depending which Colombia team shows up.
This game will be close. I am rooting for Argentina / Messi this tournament. Cuadrado back for Columbia.