Washington Huskies First Thread Goes to UW

Front page story in the Times today about Lake throwing Pounds into a locker a couple years ago. Can we not wait until the end of the season to shitcan him please?…
And the irony of this story, he was pissed at the offense (when he was D coordinator), but he put up with his own shitty OC hire for as long as he possibly could. It’s not the actual outbursts highlighted in these stories, but the irony behind them that highlight what a clown this guy turned out to be.

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Front page story in the Times today about Lake throwing Pounds into a locker a couple years ago. Can we not wait until the end of the season to shitcan him please?…

This guy has done it to himself, you can't self implode like this and expect to survive !

Burn it down and start over.
It sucks for the recruits but at the end of the day they weren't all that good

FFS Lake is still going to get another 9m from the U.
Best unemployment check of all time? :noidea:

Anyone else feeling like whoever they hire is gonna be out of left field and none of the names that have been floated?

Anyone else feeling like whoever they hire is gonna be out of left field and none of the names that have been floated?
That's why I never get into that discussion up front. I'll reserve my judgement until after they are named and not pay much attention to the chatter before that.

I'm a little nervous about it. The worst thing we will have to wait until December or early January until they name a head coach.

Here is way out in left field Marques Tuiasosopo name keeps hitting lists as potential replacement

I'm a little nervous about it. The worst thing we will have to wait until December or early January until they name a head coach.

Here is way out in left field Marques Tuiasosopo name keeps hitting lists as potential replacement
I thought of him. Has he been actively coaching?

I thought of him. Has he been actively coaching?

He is the OC at Rice right now.
If there is a chart on how to build your resume as a football coach he has done it right.

The problem with taking a shot on a young not proven guy is will the boosters and fans buy in?
This program has been missing the runs of good football for a while. Lets face it 2016 was the last real winning season for this program.

It would be a huge gamble for Jen, she is now looking at possibly getting rid of a basketball coach as well. She needs to hit this coaching job square on the head

He is the OC at Rice right now.
If there is a chart on how to build your resume as a football coach he has done it right.

The problem with taking a shot on a young not proven guy is will the boosters and fans buy in?
This program has been missing the runs of good football for a while. Lets face it 2016 was the last real winning season for this program.

It would be a huge gamble for Jen, she is now looking at possibly getting rid of a basketball coach as well. She needs to hit this coaching job square on the head
Tui would get buy in because he’s a legacy. Can’t speak for any other option. He’s one of very few that doesn’t have head coaching experience that is personally be on board with just because of his ties to the program, knowing he’d be all in. Otherwise it just has to be someone with a decent resume actually running a program, we tried the up and coming coordinator thing and it was a disaster, at least need someone to get things stabilized.

Tui would get buy in because he’s a legacy. Can’t speak for any other option. He’s one of very few that doesn’t have head coaching experience that is personally be on board with just because of his ties to the program, knowing he’d be all in. Otherwise it just has to be someone with a decent resume actually running a program, we tried the up and coming coordinator thing and it was a disaster, at least need someone to get things stabilized.

I think the biggest issue for this program is keeping the local talent at home.
I know the climate has changed and we don't use "build a fence around the state" any longer.
But there is quality talent leaving this state, sure kids want to get away and play back east but there should've been a few kids the past couple of years that stayed home.

I'm not against Tui, but that's not a splashy hire either.
What does this program believe it is, and what does it aspire to be?
This should be one of the top 25 teams in the country to coach. Period.
Hire like it is. Act like it is.
Leave the hiring legacy players on feel good stories to WSU, Oregon State, etc.

I think the biggest issue for this program is keeping the local talent at home.
I know the climate has changed and we don't use "build a fence around the state" any longer.
But there is quality talent leaving this state, sure kids want to get away and play back east but there should've been a few kids the past couple of years that stayed home.
I think Petersen did about as good as you can reasonably expect with it. They have to be good on the National level for a good stretch to effectively lock the state down. They have two years of National relevance that current recruits were alive for. When that was the mentality they were the shit, every kid in the state grew up wanting to play for UW. They definitely have to try to lock the state down though, which Petersen did way more than Sark, don’t know what the eff Lake was even doing in general with recruiting.

I'm not against Tui, but that's not a splashy hire either.
What does this program believe it is, and what does it aspire to be?
This should be one of the top 25 teams in the country to coach. Period.
Hire like it is. Act like it is.
Leave the hiring legacy players on feel good stories to WSU, Oregon State, etc.
I get they want "splashy" hell I even said it but if I can't get Wilcox back then Im driving down the road to Cal Poly and bring Baldwin home.

Before CP was hired I was beating my chest for either one of these guys.
You want to find someone still young, ( not a recycled guy) that will want to plant his roots and build something special.
Take advantage of the facilities and get the 4stars and 3 stars to stay home and pluck your stars later when you have the roster rebuilt.

I think Petersen did about as good as you can reasonably expect with it. They have to be good on the National level for a good stretch to effectively lock the state down. They have two years of National relevance that current recruits were alive for. When that was the mentality they were the shit, every kid in the state grew up wanting to play for UW. They definitely have to try to lock the state down though, which Petersen did way more than Sark, don’t know what the eff Lake was even doing in general with recruiting.

Don't get me wrong they still need to hit Cali and find the speed guys.
With Lake and even CP they would target the "athlete guys" that's all grand and all but these guys weren't coming at a specific position.
Then this staff thought they could move guys to any position of need at the time that's great and all but it takes a while for these kids to actually learn to play a certain position.

I'm not trying to down play the work of CP or Lake, but the reality was that 2016 team was with guys Sark recruited here, not CP.

As of today this is where Lakes class is sitting for 2022

7th in the Pac12
10 commitments
3 -4* 7- 3*

4 guys from the state of Washington
2 guys that are listed as "athletes"

That too me is a huge red flag, early signing is what four weeks away, that's terrible.

As thin as they are up front on the D today, I'd say there is little hope for a W. So play the f'n kids and see what you have for next year.

Any names here worth getting happy about?