TCU womenz forfeiting because they don’t have enough players…

See. If we'd let the transgender play, this wouldn't happen.

heath ledger joker GIF

Define "player shortage".

When my daughter was in 7th grade, I coached a 7th & 8th grade girls basketball team. There were only 7 total girls on the team the entire season. In the first round of the conference tournament, my best player got concussed in the 2nd quarter and my second-best player sprained her ankle in the 3rd. At one point in the 4th quarter, we played 4 on 5 because I had no subs, one of my girls was hyperventilating and I was out of timeouts (because I burned them all trying to get the girls breathers). We did not forfeit the game, we played to the final buzzer.

I have a difficult time believing TCU's "shortage" comes close to what I experienced and we played on.

When my daughter was in 7th grade, I coached a 7th & 8th grade girls basketball team. There were only 7 total girls on the team the entire season. In the first round of the conference tournament, my best player got concussed in the 2nd quarter and my second-best player sprained her ankle in the 3rd. At one point in the 4th quarter, we played 4 on 5 because I had no subs, one of my girls was hyperventilating and I was out of timeouts (because I burned them all trying to get the girls breathers). We did not forfeit the game, we played to the final buzzer.

I have a difficult time believing TCU's "shortage" comes close to what I experienced and we played on.

They blame injuries but the Big XII has a policy of how many players must dress to be able to field a team. What sucks for them is that if they could have won 1 of these 2 games. The tourney was still out there. Wonder how the committee will look at this

There has to be a few Dallas Cowboys that could help out here. During this month they definitely qualify as female

They blame injuries but the Big XII has a policy of how many players must dress to be able to field a team. What sucks for them is that if they could have won 1 of these 2 games. The tourney was still out there. Wonder how the committee will look at this
Then the headline should've been "Big 12 cancels TCU games" - pointing the finger at the conference's policy, not the school or players.

A 7th grade basketball game compared to a div 1 college game? You don't think there is a difference?

A middle school court is 3100 sq feet. An NCAA court is 4700. 10 minutes quarters instead of 6 and they are constantly vying for position and moving whereas in middle school they are not. There is a much bigger danger to a highly trained athlete putting in a ton of minutes than a middle school one

A 7th grade basketball game compared to a div 1 college game? You don't think there is a difference?

A middle school court is 3100 sq feet. An NCAA court is 4700. 10 minutes quarters instead of 6 and they are constantly vying for position and moving whereas in middle school they are not. There is a much bigger danger to a highly trained athlete putting in a ton of minutes than a middle school one
My point was... the game went on... against extreme adversity.