Watertown gonna DIE

y u no stop in Brookings if you're going up 29?

Never even thought about stopping there. I'm usually headed to the Sisseton/Lake City area where my cabin is.

If I need something from Scheels I'll stop in Sioux Falls. While there I'll top off the gas tank then push straight through the rest of the way.

If I don't need anything from Scheels then I'll get gas in Watertown and stretch the legs at the Redlin Art Gallery. Especially if I'm with someone who's never been there. The Redlin prints are great, but seeing the actual oils is another level.

I can't make it all the way to Sisseton pulling my boat.

Never even thought about stopping there. I'm usually headed to the Sisseton/Lake City area where my cabin is.

If I need something from Scheels I'll stop in Sioux Falls. While there I'll top off the gas tank then push straight through the rest of the way.

If I don't need anything from Scheels then I'll get gas in Watertown and stretch the legs at the Redlin Art Gallery. Especially if I'm with someone who's never been there. The Redlin prints are great, but seeing the actual oils is another level.

I can't make it all the way to Sisseton pulling my boat.
BAHAHA! Sissytown!?!?!

My question....will the snow stick around until spring or will it have a chance to melt off in the next week or so?

I should reach out to my GF's kids to see what the forecast is for Lowville

It's early. This area ... the 10 day forecast took a sharp downturn with highs not getting out of the 30's. Lowville and east from there is in the center of the expected worst numbers for this front. They could be looking at more than 2/3 feet through Saturday. Snow staying the rest of the season is not out of the question there.

The temps could also bounce back into the 50's before Christmas so I don't think anything is set in stone yet. Let's take a look at it Monday and see what we actually get.

There is already hype so that usually means it's a nothing burger.

Reactions: Fog
"Watertown gonna DIE" ??

Read Charlie Brown GIF

Anyone dead yet??? Asking for a friend...

:pop2: :martini:

They moved the Browns-Bills game to Detroit. Buffalo will play there again on Thanksgiving so they might as well just stay in town

This has started off slower than was anticipated. Snow started around 2am but hasn't gotten savage yet.

@Fog this was posted one hour ago. Ya never know how these things will turn out. It looks like Lowville will be spared the most this time and Watertown gets it. I imagine Lowville got some last night :noidea: it started here around 2am but the forecast now shows the big totals missing your area.

1668774023133.png

This has started off slower than was anticipated. Snow started around 2am but hasn't gotten savage yet.

@Fog this was posted one hour ago. Ya never know how these things will turn out. It looks like Lowville will be spared the most this time and Watertown gets it. I imagine Lowville got some last night :noidea: it started here around 2am but the forecast now shows the big totals missing your area.

View attachment 92317
Never realized where Watertown NY is...

Cringe Hangover GIF

I take back what I said about Watertown, SD.

"A week in Detroit" could be used by judges as a criminal sentence.
Hee hee

I spent five days in Detroit earlier this spring, had a great time. In fact, I found some of it to be similar to Buffalo. Those guys should feel right at home

Hee hee

I spent five days in Detroit earlier this spring, had a great time. In fact, I found some of it to be similar to Buffalo. Those guys should feel right at home
I've spent plenty of time in Detroit as well; my wife is from the extended metro area. They're doing a pretty good job of rebuilding downtown.

...can't pass on joke opportunities, though...

I've spent plenty of time in Detroit as well; my wife is from the extended metro area. They're doing a pretty good job of rebuilding downtown.

I hear ya, comes with the territory, just like NYC.

I stayed near Greektown. Still a few sketchy areas but like you said, they're doing a great job downtown. I did spend some time out where the neighborhoods are half-empty, and that was a bit depressing. Locals were just matter-of-fact about it all. "Yeah, sadly there's still some areas like that...but check out the Little Ceasar's arena!"

I hear ya, comes with the territory, just like NYC.

I stayed near Greektown. Still a few sketchy areas but like you said, they're doing a great job downtown. I did spend some time out where the neighborhoods are half-empty, and that was a bit depressing. Locals were just matter-of-fact about it all. "Yeah, sadly there's still some areas like that...but check out the Little Ceasar's arena!"
Yeah, that's still high on my To Do list. Kinda irked I haven't been there yet. I've had several plans to get there that all fell through. Hopefully 2023 for a Wings game.

The parks have become "child friendly" evidently...

meanwhileindetroit.jpg

:) It's supposed to be the first real snowfall of the season, so yeah, the media is all excited.

We got our first snowfall yesterday so there is already a base for this next event. I was saying on another thread that I have to dig out my real stuff. But it's a guess with respect to what area off the lake will get the most severe.

The real heavy snow fall will be isolated and will be based on the direction of the wind. Watertown seems to be in the northern edged of the most severe. So they are calling for a foot or better. Temps are supposed to be mid 20's to low 30's which is easy to work in. That's a good warmup for what's to come and lets us know what we have that does and doesn't work before the real weather gets here.
Looking at radar now, Watertown getting pelted.

Also the band just south of Buffalo extends the entire length of Lake Erie.