WWE wrestlers biographies on A&E

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,256.00
A&E is doing a series highlighting some biographies of wrestlers. I remember seeing the commercials for it and thought i wouldn't watch them, but i stumbled upon it on last night and only caught about 5 minutes of Stone Cold Steve Austin's and it looked good. I only got a glimpse of the part that talks about his spine injury, but from the little i saw it looked good. They are doing one on Shawn Michaels which I will definitely check out, but only because i want to see if they actually go into depth of HBK's troubled past or if they basically brush over it lightly, like they all do, and then cover his redemption story, etc. I would love to see a documentary or biography about Shawn Michael's trouble past, it's something you hear about, but there is no deep dive in depth description or story telling of it, you'll read about how bad it was and what a jerk he was, hell he will even say it himself, but it's just lightly touched upon and they never go into specifics. I hope A&E does, but my guess is they wont because HBK and current WWE associates will be apart of the interviews. I dont think we get a true in depth look of HBK's past unless it's produced by a non-wwe company, and wrestlers or people interviewed are not currently on WWE's payroll.

I liked the memorabilia show that came on after the documentary. It was awesome

Watched the Stone Cold episode in full last night. It is really well done. Very excited for the other ones to air.

A&E is doing a series highlighting some biographies of wrestlers. I remember seeing the commercials for it and thought i wouldn't watch them, but i stumbled upon it on last night and only caught about 5 minutes of Stone Cold Steve Austin's and it looked good. I only got a glimpse of the part that talks about his spine injury, but from the little i saw it looked good. They are doing one on Shawn Michaels which I will definitely check out, but only because i want to see if they actually go into depth of HBK's troubled past or if they basically brush over it lightly, like they all do, and then cover his redemption story, etc. I would love to see a documentary or biography about Shawn Michael's trouble past, it's something you hear about, but there is no deep dive in depth description or story telling of it, you'll read about how bad it was and what a jerk he was, hell he will even say it himself, but it's just lightly touched upon and they never go into specifics. I hope A&E does, but my guess is they wont because HBK and current WWE associates will be apart of the interviews. I dont think we get a true in depth look of HBK's past unless it's produced by a non-wwe company, and wrestlers or people interviewed are not currently on WWE's payroll.

yeah. Hbk and the kliq were a net negative on wrestling imo.

but they’ll never show that truth on this thing.

I’d love to be wrong here

Ok so far these have been awesome. Stone Cold, Rowdy Roddy Piper and Macho Man so far have aired. This week is Booker T which looks good and i continue to wait for HBK's.

Book T's was a fascinating story. Had absolutely no idea of his background and what a great story. Feel like they cut short the coverage of a lot of his time in the WWE, but overall another great documentary.

Next week is HBK and I can't wait.

Shawn Michaels was really good. They touched on his problems of the 90s and didn't sugar coat much. They could probably do 5 documentaries on HBK.

The next one, Ultimate Warrior, should be interesting to see how they handle it. He was a real piece of shit so I'm wondering if they'll sugarcoat it or actually talk about what a fucking douche he was

The next one, Ultimate Warrior, should be interesting to see how they handle it. He was a real piece of shit so I'm wondering if they'll sugarcoat it or actually talk about what a fucking douche he was
Especially since they give an award at Wrestlemania every year. No one ever speaks highly of him, it is kind of like the HBK pre being saved except everyone hated him but always says he was great in the ring.

I think they will shine him in a more positive light. They'll mention his lows, but since we seemed to get on good terms with the company my guess is they'll paint the documentary in a more positive tone and light.

I was surprised, they focused so much on HBK's negative years. I thought his was going to be a brief or glossed over part of the 90's saying things just like, "it was real bad" and never going into depth and having majority of the documentary focusing on his born again time and 2002 + run in WWE. Instead they actually focused a lot on his 90's days.

I saw the one with Andre the Giant. A friend of mine back in the 1980s was friends with a promoter and got to go out and party with some of the wrestlers when they came to town for a show. Great stories

These documentaries are better than weekly RAW's, they should extend the series to cover more wrestlers from the 90's. They have so many to choose from, literally any pro wrestlers journey where they shined the brightest in the 90s-early 00's would be a great watch. I'd love to see The Rock, Undertaker, Triple H, Nash, Scott Hall, Jake The Snake would be very interesting and then of course if you highlight Jake and Scott Hall they should do a DDP and focus on his rehab of wrestlers who need it the most. They could do Jim Ross, Edge, just endless options.

I think you could even go as recent as Randy Orton and CM Punk. Although since it seems A&E is doing this in partnership with WWE, I doubt they can get CM Punk and DDP (Dont know if DDP is in good standings with WWE). But these so far have been really good and really interesting.

Last nights was Mick Foley and what a great journey his was. My only issue with how they set up the episode is they start it out like it's all centered around his HIAC match vs Taker and although they eventually get to it, i feel like they could have gone into more depth about the match itself. Also given that most of the documentary was about Foley taking bumps, they should have dove into the infamous "I quit" match way more, but overall a good documentary.

I think they will shine him in a more positive light. They'll mention his lows, but since we seemed to get on good terms with the company my guess is they'll paint the documentary in a more positive tone and light.

I was surprised, they focused so much on HBK's negative years. I thought his was going to be a brief or glossed over part of the 90's saying things just like, "it was real bad" and never going into depth and having majority of the documentary focusing on his born again time and 2002 + run in WWE. Instead they actually focused a lot on his 90's days.
This is what HBK’s documentaries should be. Unlike his WWE one, when it gets a preachy as that it would lose part of the audience. The first part of his career is when he should do the commentary on, the second part of his career is better when others do the commentary.

Bret Hart's documentary was on last night and it's another good one. I think I may get Bret's book because I'd love to hear more about his time in WCW and some of his immediate post WWE career. I've also read his book is really good and one of the better behind the scene wrestling books out there.

I think all the documentaries are done, which is really too bad and I hope they do another round of wrestlers because these are well done.

I saw Lana was gonna spill the beans on Vince now that she has been released. She is late, I've heard those rumors for 20 years lol

Anyone else watch Dark Side Of The Ring on Vice ? You get it through Hulu. Wow, if you liked the documentaries on A&E, DSOTR is twice as good. There is no Vince to filter anything.

Season 3 looks amazing, with documentaries on The Plane Ride From Hell and The steroid trials. But season 1 and 2 have some greats.

Anyone else watch Dark Side Of The Ring on Vice ? You get it through Hulu. Wow, if you liked the documentaries on A&E, DSOTR is twice as good. There is no Vince to filter anything.

Season 3 looks amazing, with documentaries on The Plane Ride From Hell and The steroid trials. But season 1 and 2 have some greats.

Yeah, Dark Side is pretty good. Some are very rough watches though

Yeah, Dark Side is pretty good. Some are very rough watches though
There are some i wont watch because i figured this. But I'd love if they did an HBK one, Scott Hall, CM Punk, Brock Lesnar (Apparently in the early career of Brock he drank so much vodka and had so many pain pills he doesnt remember 2002-2004.)