2022 Super Regionals

Pirates score three without an out. Then they sac bunt the runner over to second? Explain that logic?

Small ball.

A base hit scores the runner from 2nd
No shit Sherlock. But youre looking for a big inning when you’ve already scored three with no outs against a pitcher you have a bead on, you only have a one run lead, and youre facing a team that’s definitely gonna score more runs. Christ.

No shit Sherlock. But youre looking for a big inning when you’ve already scored three with no outs against a pitcher you have a bead on, you only have a one run lead, and youre facing a team that’s definitely gonna score more runs. Christ.

You left out the wild pitch

Small ball is part of the game.
I can see ECU wanting to move the runner from 1st to 2nd on a sac bunt with no outs.
There were still two outs to get him home on a base hit.

He's not scoring from 1st on a base hit.

I can see ECU wanting to move the runner from 1st to 2nd on a sac bunt with no outs.

Why do you just repeat yourself as if repeating yourself enhances your argument?

Analytics have pretty well proven than bunting is dumb. There’s only a few circumstances where I would say bunting was the right move. A squeeze play to take a late lead, a weak hitter with runners on first and second with no outs, beating a shift, etc

Analytics have pretty well proven than bunting is dumb. There’s only a few circumstances where I would say bunting was the right move. A squeeze play to take a late lead, a weak hitter with runners on first and second with no outs, beating a shift, etc

Like moving a runner from 1st to 2nd?

There was a bunt earlier in the inning moving the runner from 1st to 2nd and the dude bunting made it to 1st.

That's what set up the 3-2 ECU lead.

With a little help from a wild pitch moving the runners and scoring one

Because you're dumb.

Had there been a base hit scoring that runner from 2nd and making it 4-2, you'd look even more dumb.
It’s a one Run lead in the first inning. No outs. You’re looking for a big inning. You’re not looking for small ball there. You’re just giving the other team an out. Goddamn you’re dumb.

It’s a one Run lead in the first inning. No outs. You’re looking for a big inning. You’re not looking for small ball there. You’re just giving the other team an out. Goddamn you’re dumb.

Leading with your head is dumb. But you've been stuck on that stupidity for years.

ECU awaits your application for HC

Like moving a runner from 1st to 2nd?

There was a bunt earlier in the inning moving the runner from 1st to 2nd and the dude bunting made it to 1st.

That's what set up the 3-2 ECU lead.

With a little help from a wild pitch.
Bunting for a base hit is fine. I’d rather have a runner at first with nobody out than a runner at second with one out. There’s a reason why sac bunts in MLB have been declining for years and will pretty well be obsolete outside of moving the gift runner on second to start an extra inning to third now that the NL has a DH.

There was more to my comment than the bolded.

Bunting for a base hit is fine. I’d rather have a runner at first with nobody out than a runner at second with one out. There’s a reason why sac bunts in MLB have been declining for years and will pretty well be obsolete outside of moving the gift runner on second to start an extra inning to third now that the NL has a DH.

There was more to my comment than the bolded.

The fact is there was a another sac bunt with no outs prior to the one y'all are losing your shit over.

It just happened that the bunter beat the ball to 1st (safe), but the success was moving the guy from 1st to 2nd.

They both scored. SUCCESS!!

You can't compare college ball to MLB.

You've got aluminum bats that they took the steam out of years ago, and the laces on the ball are a different height.

ECU awaits your HC application.

The fact is there was a another sac bunt with no outs prior to the one y'all are losing your shit over.

It just happened that the bunter beat the ball to 1st (safe), but the success was moving the guy from 1st to 2nd.

They both scored. SUCCESS!!

You can't compare college ball to MLB.

You've got aluminum bats that they took the steam out of years ago, and the laces on the ball are a different height.

ECU awaits your HC application.
You’re the only one losing your shit because you have a very dated view of baseball.

Analytics prove that you cost your team runs sac bunting in the long run.

I can’t watch the game, I’m at work, I’m speaking of sac bunts in general

Pirates score three without an out. Then they sac bunt the runner over to second? Explain that logic?
bunting with 1 out? Not a fan of it but he's the college coach not me. Unless the kid went rogue.

Oh there were no outs? Ok I guess I see that. Maybe the kid is cold as hell and looking for a spark.