2024 College Baseball Thread

TGIF. Glad we have some good baseball again. No offense to Oregon St. Full offense to nebraska.
Pit Viper Sunglasses No GIF by Pit Viper

Will and forever be
20240303_181100.jpg

My horns.. had a ROUGH weekend.. lost to LSU Friday night..then to TX St on Sat..yesterday gave up an 11-3 lead on Vanderbilt and lost 14-11

Pierce will have this team play better as the season goes along..however I wonder if they begin to look elsewhere for another coach this time.. this seems to be the path under him since he's been here... start shaky or bad then rebound and make a run in the post season..knowing that the CWS is the end all be all.. we haven't had a team in years and years that was a legitimate title contender.

My horns.. had a ROUGH weekend.. lost to LSU Friday night..then to TX St on Sat..yesterday gave up an 11-3 lead on Vanderbilt and lost 14-11

Pierce will have this team play better as the season goes along..however I wonder if they begin to look elsewhere for another coach this time.. this seems to be the path under him since he's been here... start shaky or bad then rebound and make a run in the post season..knowing that the CWS is the end all be all.. we haven't had a team in years and years that was a legitimate title contender.
Probably could have won one this weekend had you not saved your ace for...checks notes...a mid-week one off game against the Aggies. :pound:

#JexasSuperbowl

Probably could have won one this weekend had you not saved your ace for...checks notes...a mid-week one off game against the Aggies. :pound:

#JexasSuperbowl
LBJ is our ace.. he pitched Friday..

1709680184675.png
Little preview of the avy I'll give a Jexas fan next avy bet I win :evil:

Looks like ESPN+ is going to stream the A&M vs Jexas game, no need for the lamehorn network!

Well, guess the criticism of A&M will continue to be that we haven't played any good teams.

Well, guess the criticism of A&M will continue to be that we haven't played any good teams.
they prob saved their aces
for the road series in west texas
to open B12 play -

they prob saved their aces
for the road series in west texas
to open B12 play -
Pitching wasn't the problem, hitting and defense was. Their outfielders forgot how to catch a ball, I'd be embarrassed if I were their fans. I'd probably put the burnt orange away and get the Texas State gear back out. :pop2:

A&M wins 9-2. Who gets fired first the shorthorn basketball coach or baseball coach?
4 game losing streak and the SEC just showed Jexas they ain't ready.

A&M wins 9-2. Who gets fired first the shorthorn basketball coach or baseball coach?
hopefully both at the same time...

But I think Pierce might be the first if he doesn't fix this.. this team is talented.. the pitching is lacking but the bats should be better than what they have been showing.

They signed Pierce to an extension, but I think at this point it doesn't matter if they continue to struggle throughout the season. He wasn't a popular choice when he was hired and he wasn't the hire of the current AD either.

Rodney Terry is going to have a longer leash, this team is sporadic but all eyes are on next season.. which he probably looks better since the move to the SEC will be easier on him than what he currently faces in the Big12

4 game losing streak and the SEC just showed Jexas they ain't ready.
...can't wait til i hear all the crying about how the SEC gave UT a favorable schedule next season the way they do about football :)

...can't wait til i hear all the crying about how the SEC gave UT a favorable schedule next season the way they do about football :)
1709731807123.png

I'm retiring Jexas and now you will be Lexas. Take the L and move on, bro. Sorry you lost your superbowl, maybe next year.

View attachment 116919

I'm retiring Jexas and now you will be Lexas. Take the L and move on, bro. Sorry you lost your superbowl, maybe next year.
lol we are having a bad start.. but this program has made the CWS, CWS, and Supers the last 3 seasons.. that stretch would be the aggys best of all time lol

talk about superbowl...

"Not our superbowl", yet:
- record attendance for a baseball game in Austin
- Holds back and starts Witt, costing them the Vanderbilt game
- Brings the cannon to the baseball game, which I can't recall seeing any other mid-week game

My Gators screwed up opening weekend lost game to some no name school and then righted the ship, then got their heads up their asses and lost a game to some mad hatters.. then got their shit together to take 2/3 from the canes... so rocky start but they are starting to hit a rhythm... they sure are fun to watch though

SEC once again looks like the conference to beat, teams are STACKED.