March Madnes 2024 NCAA Tournament: First Round

Wake has 4 wins versus the field. Put them in. In that scenario, Pitt would also have four wins versus the field. In. Providence has four wins versus the field. In. Seton Hall would have three in that scenario. Bubble city.

St. John's resume is rather unimpressive even with these changes. I don't have an issue with them being left out.

and fwiw, my rule about Wake is they didn't belong in because how they collapsed down the stretch. but if the choice is MWC trash or this Deacs team. Give me the Deacs.

Yeah, Wake and Pitt would have 4 under the scenario that Wake would have been in and UVA being deserving. But if you're shitting on these MWC teams I can't imagine you thought UVA deserved inclusion?

There's really no scenario where these MWC didn't deserve it, despite not playing well in the tournament. Whether looking at eye test, or resume.

Yeah, Wake and Pitt would have 4 under the scenario that Wake would have been in and UVA being deserving. But if you're shitting on these MWC teams I can't imagine you thought UVA deserved inclusion?
UVa is an ACC team. Of course, I think they deserved inclusion. All original ACC teams belong in the big dance with the exception of Maryland. and that's only because they decided to drop their program after the 2013-14 season.

UVa is an ACC team. Of course, I think they deserved inclusion. All original ACC teams belong in the big dance with the exception of Maryland. and that's only because they decided to drop their program after the 2013-14 season.
Green font Double H, green font.

i have Wake Forest season tickets. When Florida played @ Wake, Florida's coach threw constant temper tantrums like he was a 6 year old kid.

Happy to see that he's still a whiny bitch.

fwiw, App State's coach was even worse on Wednesday.

But that's funny right there.

If the Big East is better than the MWC, the MWC shouldn't get twice as many teams in. Plain and simple. Going 10-8 in the MWC just simply isn't the same caliber of result as going 13-7 in the Big East. The committee should be smart enough to recognize that and put the appropriate value on the results of conference games.

The Big East is better than the ACC and P12 and didn't get in more than them either. The Big East had 3 elite teams and a bunch of teams on the cut line. Unfortunately, those teams on the cut line all had sub par OOC resumes(outside of Providence). SH lost to Iowa, SC, and Rutgers. Nova lost to Drexel, Penn and St Joe's. And Providence and Seton Hall all had bad predictive metrics so even using the "eye test" wouldn't have worked in that scenario.

The white haired ref in the Florida/Colorado game thinks this is the NBA lol

Nick Offerman Popcorn GIF by NBC

The Big East is better than the ACC and P12 and didn't get in more than them either. The Big East had 3 elite teams and a bunch of teams on the cut line. Unfortunately, those teams on the cut line all had sub par OOC resumes(outside of Providence). SH lost to Iowa, SC, and Rutgers. Nova lost to Drexel, Penn and St Joe's. And Providence and Seton Hall all had bad predictive metrics so even using the "eye test" wouldn't have worked in that scenario.

The NET also helps the committee seed mid major teams.

I don't know how Yale got seeded a 13 when Princeton was a 15 last year, but it was a good seed.

Any lower and it would have been wrong

What a stupid foul by Auburn there. Fouling 94 feet from the hoop

The downside to having this many games over so many sites is shit officials in the early rounds.

Damn. Colorado and Florida tied at 100

WTH

How did Colorado choke this away