2025 Recruiting Thread

He visited you guys. He only visited OU once. He took like 10 visits to Penn St and was a heavy lean that way. It's just Todd Bates doing work here. We have been able to get a few lately from the Maryland/DC area.
I'm guessing it was a "come check out the campus" kind of visit but this is the first I've ever heard his name.

Wilson held offers from across the country and made a bunch of visits, but he listed a top four of Oklahoma, Ohio State, Penn State and Texas A&M. Coming out of the winter window, Penn State was considered a slight leader by sources close to Wilson, but the March visits changed his recruitment. He made it to Oklahoma, Texas A&M and Ohio State last month, and Sooners separated themselves from the pack.
nothing wrong with him listing his top 4.. I just wonder where he was for the other schools priority lists

he's a top 100 player on on3 i believe, good get.

nothing wrong with him listing his top 4.. I just wonder where he was for the other schools priority lists

he's a top 100 player on on3 i believe, good get.
We need to start stacking defensive lineman. Surprised we didn't get out bid by A&M again honestly.

We need to start stacking defensive lineman. Surprised we didn't get out bid by A&M again honestly.
They haven't hit on any of the big targets so far and attrition is coming when the portal opens next week. Not sure if the spickets dried out a bit after having to pay Jimbo massive pay out.. or they are waiting til the summer to start dropping money to close on some of these guys.. very slow start for them.

They haven't hit on any of the big targets so far and attrition is coming when the portal opens next week. Not sure if the spickets dried out a bit after having to pay Jimbo massive pay out.. or they are waiting til the summer to start dropping money to close on some of these guys.. very slow start for them.
spigots :L

Another one. I've never heard of this kid before in my life but we were the first school listed? Maybe I'm off my hinges, I just don't recall seeing this in the past.
IIRC he visited Columbus last month, then scheduled an OV for either next month or June with tosu.. He canceled his other scheduled OVs after announcing his commitment to UT yesterday..

There's another LB that also visited y'all.. think he too has an OV set up with y'all in Pettijohn.

IIRC he visited Columbus last month, then scheduled an OV for either next month or June with tosu.. He canceled his other scheduled OVs after announcing his commitment to UT yesterday..

There's another LB that also visited y'all.. think he too has an OV set up with y'all in Pettijohn.
I have no doubt this kid is a stud, it's just another weird one that never was talked about among the big time OSU targets. Pettijohn? That will definitely be a kid we lose if we don't get him, he is a pretty big target.

LOL we don't even develop TEs very well

They always seem to get drafted mid round though. Without looking Id guess there are 3 or 4 former Ohio State tight ends in the league right now.

I'd expect Stover to go in 3 or 4 as well

They always seem to get drafted mid round though. Without looking Id guess there are 3 or 4 former Ohio State tight ends in the league right now.

I'd expect Stover to go in 3 or 4 as well
Stover might be 5/6 area. He will be a solid TE2 if he hits his ceiling but he lacks a lot in blocking just because he's not the largest guy. He's country strong which will help him but he's not a top guy. I'm wondering if the Jets will release Ruckert soon so he can go somewhere else where they actually use TEs.

I have no doubt this kid is a stud, it's just another weird one that never was talked about among the big time OSU targets. Pettijohn? That will definitely be a kid we lose if we don't get him, he is a pretty big target.
i'm not trying to make it look like a head to head win over tosu..I'm just happy he's on board.. he clocked a 10.9 this past track season and was the anchor for his high school relays team that made the final.. He is a project that I hope can make a real contribution in '26.. Pettijohn to me is more ready right now to possibly contribute in '25

Another one. I've never heard of this kid before in my life but we were the first school listed? Maybe I'm off my hinges, I just don't recall seeing this in the past.
It's just "hat on the table" syndrome. It's a compliment.

The biggest thing I see on the last few pages is that Hayes Fawcett is not with On3 ... that's a great move by them. His edits are the best out there. Amazing how he turned this into something he was giving away to kids to get started to being his fulltime job now. Crazy .. the founder of On3 - who also was the founder of Rivals and 247 - is a genius - a very rich genius.

The biggest thing I see on the last few pages is that Hayes Fawcett is not with On3 ... that's a great move by them. His edits are the best out there. Amazing how he turned this into something he was giving away to kids to get started to being his fulltime job now. Crazy .. the founder of On3 - who also was the founder of Rivals and 247 - is a genius - a very rich genius.
Hayes isn't with On3 anymore? Which one are you talking about Shannon or Bobby Burton.. or both?

Hayes is exclusive to On3 now. Shannon.
yeah Haynes has been with On3 for awhile now.. and yeah Shannon and Bobby both rigged the industry... create a site, hire good insiders.. then sell it while it's still valuable.. lay in the cut for a couple years and re-do it again.

Thing is.. I think they don't have many buyers after yahoo and CBS bought Rivals and 247/Scout.. Bobby has moved on and is covering soley Texas now (through youtube and a message board with the help of Surly).