Alec Baldwin killed crew member Halyna Hutchins on set of Rust

We have a conviction...of the guy that handed Baldwin the gun. He pleaded no contest. He wasn't given much for punishment...

In addition to six months unsupervised probation, the terms of the sentence include that Halls pay a $500 fine, perform 24 hours of community service, take a fire safety course within 60 days, testify in all hearings involving the shooting and have no contact with co-defendants or witnesses.

I'm actually surprised that a guilty verdict carries this little of punishment.

So...does this bit of news make you guys think this helps or hurts Baldwin?

We have a conviction...of the guy that handed Baldwin the gun. He pleaded no contest. He wasn't given much for punishment...

In addition to six months unsupervised probation, the terms of the sentence include that Halls pay a $500 fine, perform 24 hours of community service, take a fire safety course within 60 days, testify in all hearings involving the shooting and have no contact with co-defendants or witnesses.

Hurts Baldwin. The main get on that one is that the guy has to testify in Baldwins hearing/trial.

Also, I hope he has to take a firearm safety, not fire safety, course. :)

Hurts Baldwin. The main get on that one is that the guy has to testify in Baldwins hearing/trial.

I agree. Though I read the max penalty for the charge Baldwin faces was not long...like 18 months. I guess the civil trial will be where the real damage is done.

"Stop, drop and roll Halyna, stop, drop and roll! OMG why isn't it working?!?!"

Think Only You GIF by US National Archives

I don’t know that it does. Baldwin wasn’t a firearms expert so if the guy in charge hands you a prop it’s reasonable to expect it is functioning properly. This guy taking a plea gives his attorneys a scapegoat to blame.

It was a fully functioning firearm, not a prop.
And Baldwin was the on-site producer. I think he is more liable as the producer than he is as the actor/shooter.

This effectively ends it. Baldwin has his fall guy, and in all likelihood paid the guy off to for that plea. Now they don't have to go after the dumb armorer / prop master girl. 'Rust' gets completed as a tax write-off, and opens in 2 theaters for one night only. Baldwin's career continues, and joins Matthew Broderick, Caitlyn Jenner, Venus Williams, Vince Neil, Ted Kennedy and OJ Simpson, as celebrities who get off scot free, after killing someone. Baldwin will probably continue to be a massive prick, when anyone brings up the subject though.

This effectively ends it. Baldwin has his fall guy, and in all likelihood paid the guy off to for that plea. Now they don't have to go after the dumb armorer / prop master girl. 'Rust' gets completed as a tax write-off, and opens in 2 theaters for one night only. Baldwin's career continues, and joins Matthew Broderick, Caitlyn Jenner, Venus Williams, Vince Neil, Ted Kennedy and OJ Simpson, as celebrities who get off scot free, after killing someone. Baldwin will probably continue to be a massive prick, when anyone brings up the subject though.

who did ferris buelleur kill?

who did ferris buelleur kill?

interesting....

Cameron. Dozy bastard couldn't keep his mouth shut about the threeway they were having with Principal Rooney.
That whole scene was cut after they recast the role from Bob Saget to Jeffrey Jones.

@Cave_Johnson you have the bootleg leak of this scene, don’t you?

That whole scene was cut after they recast the role from Bob Saget to Jeffrey Jones.

@Cave_Johnson you have the bootleg leak of this scene, don’t you?

fun fact - Cameron was really 29 in the movie so I believe he was too old for either Saget or rooney

Venus didn’t kill anyone.

Venus didn’t kill anyone.
Yeah, some old fart’s Hyundai, with her big SUV.

She’s a killer tennis player though.

:L

EXCLUSIVE: Alec Baldwin arrives in Montana with a camera crew in tow to document his moves as he begins filming ill-fated Rust after leaving Hilaria and brood of seven behind in NYC

70009753-11991215-Hilaria_appeared_to_be_directing_the_camera_crew_outside_of_her_-a-5_1681936517984.jpg

Proof that our criminal justice system is broken.
341528386_1888558571499621_6337708822381865978_n.jpg

I think his bigger liability is his title of “Producer”. He was responsible for the dangerous conditions that led to the shooting. And he should get crucified for that.

He is a good little liberal water+carrier, though, so he MIGHT get a couple hundred thousand dollar slap on the wrist, but that is the top end of what he will get, unfortunately.

if he is even 50% human, though, he will never have a good nights sleep for the rest of his life. In other words, he will completely forget about this within a year or so.