Conference Tournaments Thread

i went to the early session of the ACC women's tournament today. a shame VT was without their best player.

might get tickets for the 12:00 Big South game tomorrow. it's in High Point.

High Point is a fun watch. Pulling for them since they have a former Gopher on their roster right now(Thiam). Pember is a heck of a player though.

High Point beat Rutgers 12-2 in college baseball today. :facepalm:

1709954164807.png

Does anyone have any inkling on where Greg Gumbel is? Hasn’t been in studio yet ths season to my knowledge.

HPU lost..they were supposed to be the Triad team to make the NCAAT. Now it's all up to UNCG..because those losers from Winston aren't doing shit

Does anyone have any inkling on where Greg Gumbel is? Hasn’t been in studio yet ths season to my knowledge.
He's 1,000 years old so probably in a nursing home

Drake vs. Indiana State in the MVC final. Yes. Please.

Morehead State wins the OVC tourney.

Drake vs. Indiana State in the MVC final. Yes. Please.
I really hope they both get in the tourney

There's definitely not 30 some at large teams that are better than either

I really hope they both get in the tourney

There's definitely not 30 some at large teams that are better than either

Yeah, I'd prefer both teams make it. Indiana State has a better chance of getting an at-large. So if both are going to make it, I think Drake needs to win.

Longwood who went 6-10 in conference play is running away from 2 seed UNC Asheville (12-4 in conference play) in the big south final

Yeah, I'd prefer both teams make it. Indiana State has a better chance of getting an at-large. So if both are going to make it, I think Drake needs to win.
Indiana State has no shot at an at-large. 22 of their 27 wins came against Q3/Q4 opponents. they aren't going to be an at-large, nor should they be. That league deserves to be a one big league.

Actually looking forward to these this year

Indiana State has no shot at an at-large. 22 of their 27 wins came against Q3/Q4 opponents. they aren't going to be an at-large, nor should they be. That league deserves to be a one big league.

I'd disagree. If they lose this game they will be .500 in Q's 1 & 2. That's not great, but there are teams that are 2-3 games below .500 in Q's 1 & 2 that project in the field. Just look at a team like TCU. 7-11 against Q1/Q2 and aren't even projected to be in Dayton. Indiana State would also be 15-6 against Q1-Q3, which would be a pretty good record. And their metrics avg out to top 40, which is a good spot to be in. I wouldn't be surprised if they got in.

I'd disagree. If they lose this game they will be .500 in Q's 1 & 2. That's not great, but there are teams that are 2-3 games below .500 in Q's 1 & 2 that project in the field. Just look at a team like TCU. 7-11 against Q1/Q2 and aren't even projected to be in Dayton. Indiana State would also be 15-6 against Q1-Q3, which would be a pretty good record. And their metrics avg out to top 40, which is a good spot to be in. I wouldn't be surprised if they got in.
lol, then you would be wrong. 6 Q1/Q2 wins is going to cut it.

lol, then you would be wrong. 6 Q1/Q2 wins is going to cut it.

I'm not saying they'd 100% get in. I'm just saying they'd have a shot to get there. Alot would have to fall their way between now and next Sunday. Dayton winning the a10, FAU winning the AAC, Iowa losing today, AZ or WSU winning the P12. But they'd be right near the cut line. They would have a pretty similar resume to the Belmont team that made the First 4 in 2019.

I'm not saying they'd 100% get in. I'm just saying they'd have a shot to get there. Alot would have to fall their way between now and next Sunday. Dayton winning the a10, FAU winning the AAC, Iowa losing today, AZ or WSU winning the P12. But they'd be right near the cut line. They would have a pretty similar resume to the Belmont team that made the First 4 in 2019.
They currently have zero wins against teams that are projected to receive an at-large bid to the NCAA tournament. This shouldn't even be a conversation.

Probably would be ideal for them to at least not get boat raced here tho

They currently have zero wins against teams that are projected to receive an at-large bid to the NCAA tournament. This shouldn't even be a conversation.

I get that, but they've only played 2, both on the road. One of them against a projected protected seed. I definitely think they'll be in the discussion. If they get left out, I don't think it'll be because of no quality wins, but rather than Q4 loss. Without that I think they'd be a lock.

Probably would be ideal for them to at least not get boat raced here tho

Yeah, for sure. If they lose this by 15+, that's a bad last impression, and will certainly hurt their metrics.