Crazy, bitch ass weather

I think they said that was the dry line.
Didn't know it went north that far.

That's big.

We have risk, but it's a low risk compared to Oklahoma/Kansas.

Anything that spins up here should be small and short duration.

Yes did you guys in Tornado Alley survive?

200.gif
Knock Knock Hello GIF by Pudgy Penguins
Tonight Show Hello GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Just a nice 1.5" T-storm where I am. That's on top of 2.5" a few days ago, and another 2.5" about a week ago.

After a near 2 year extreme drought, my pond has never looked better. Still lower than it should be (water table deficit), but I'm gonna call the hatchery and see what they think about getting it stocked. They'd cautioned me in the past about the risks of winter kill.

I’m here. Cousins in Bartlesville took serious damage to their homes. Thankful more ppl weren’t hurt. That touchdown west of me was the culprit in Barnsdall and B’ville.

You could feel it in the air yesterday…conditions were prime for a nasty one.

Just horrible. Minimum EF3, but more likely EF4.

Do they have basements in Barnsdall, or are they slab houses like OKC due to bedrock?

I'd think without basements the death toll would've been high.
Most with functioning brains will fashion some sort of reinforced or below ground shelter...especially if in mobile housing.

I'd guess about 30% of folks in storm-risk housing have a hidey hole.

I used to live on a limestone field. Yeah you have to dig and lift and shit...but it is deffo worth it...not to mention you now have a lot of natural stone to build retaining walls/walkways/etc.

Bad stuff rolled thru here late yesterday evening. A tornado or two about 30 miles west of here or just west of Lake Charles. I heard a fatality or two. 60-70 mile an hour wind. Tornados and that kind of storm doesn't happen too often here. I heard this morning that the water temp. in the Gulf is already 80 degrees. I guess this is an early preview of the up-coming hurricane season.
:bolt: