TV Series Fallout

A chick has a mustache and you wonder? Really?

Who said I was wondering? I just said that the show doesn't explicitly say it. They don't even try to glorify it.

It's just there.

Who said I was wondering? I just said that the show doesn't explicitly say it. They don't even try to glorify it.

It's just there.
You selectively cut out of my post the part where I actually stated where it was explicitly confirmed in the show.

You selectively cut out of my post the part where I actually stated where it was explicitly confirmed in the show.

They used a pronoun that was so insignificant, I didn't even notice it.

Whoopity-doo.

By the way, many trans people go by "he" and "she."

Considering mutations, a trans character in this show doesn't even mean it was by choice.

They used a pronoun that was so insignificant, I didn't even notice it.

Whoopity-doo.

By the way, many trans people go by "he" and "she."
And ONLY trans go by “they”.

Again, not a huge issue, and I have already voiced my VERY MINOR ISSUES with the character, and don’t want to harp on it. It isn’t what the show is/was about.

Considering mutations, a trans character in this show doesn't even mean it was by choice.
1) so “trans” is a mutation. And PJ likes this conclusion. Interesting.

2) this kind of mutation has never even been hinted at in lore. Mutations have always been either ghoul (general exposure), or Super Mutant (FEV), or other combinations with other creatures (vault experiments).

Apparently, Fallout is already the biggest hit ever on Prime. So what does that mean for the IP in general? Will there be movies? More shows? More games? All of the above? And to think Bethesda appeared to be pretty much done with the IP after their half-hearted launch of 76 and placing Starfield and Elder Scrolls above it in their internal priorities over the last few years.

I know this level of popularity will probably lead to its quicker ultimate death, but in the short term, I think that means we will be getting a LOT of content in the coming years.

1) so “trans” is a mutation. And PJ likes this conclusion. Interesting.

2) this kind of mutation has never even been hinted at in lore. Mutations have always been either ghoul (general exposure), or Super Mutant (FEV), or other combinations with other creatures (vault experiments).
The show has ghouls, mutated monsters, and bunkers. I don't take anything in the movie to be a social statement.

Apparently, Fallout is already the biggest hit ever on Prime. So what does that mean for the IP in general? Will there be movies? More shows? More games? All of the above? And to think Bethesda appeared to be pretty much done with the IP after their half-hearted launch of 76 and placing Starfield and Elder Scrolls above it in their internal priorities over the last few years.

I know this level of popularity will probably lead to its quicker ultimate death, but in the short term, I think that means we will be getting a LOT of content in the coming years.
I'd venture a guess that it means there are origin stories and spinoffs already on the drawing board now.

The show has ghouls, mutated monsters, and bunkers. I don't take anything in the movie to be a social statement.

I agree. It seemed to me like they almost went out of their way not to do that.

I agree. It seemed to me like they almost went out of their way not to do that.
Yeah, the trans character ends up being a headcase, weak, and not very likable so far. My really only complaint is they didn't spend much time explaining ghouls. But they haven't explained much. Interested to know what was in the IV bag and how the ghoul works.

Yeah, the trans character ends up being a headcase, weak, and not very likable so far. My really only complaint is they didn't spend much time explaining ghouls. But they haven't explained much. Interested to know what was in the IV bag and how the ghoul works.

The games get into some of that stuff, I'm interested to see what the show does moving forward.

I'm guessing we'll see some super mutants and deathclaws.

I'd venture a guess that it means there are origin stories and spinoffs already on the drawing board now.
I hope we don’t get too much clarity on the pre-war world. That won’t likely stand up to much scrutiny. Culturally freezing a world for 120 years doesn’t make a lot of sense. I would rather just accept it as true without looking too close.

I doubt we’ll get an explanation, but they showed he still needs to eat, and take drugs constantly to not go feral. So I’m assuming the IV (think there were two bags?) had something to do with that.

I usually don't do well with video games made movies. Got through ep 1 last night. I like Goggins ... good actors are good signs. Special effects so far have been good. And there is a story. I'm in.

If the skinny girl/boy is the tranny ... pfft.

Wait so it did better than the Lord of the Rings show?

Amazon spent like a billion on those rights.

Wait so it did better than the Lord of the Rings show?

Amazon spent like a billion on those rights.
I have seen conflicting reports, but I think LotR still has superior numbers. But FO will most likely surpass it. FO got its numbers in about 2 weeks while LotR has had a year+, and has had horrible word of mouth.