Jalen Hurts Wants 45 Million Per Year Deal

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 10,500.00
45 would be less than what Rodgers, Wilson, Watson and Murray all recently got per year of their deals.

I’d rather move forward with Hurts than any of them.

Carr will get around 40, from someone, in the next month or so. 45 is what Mahomes got and he’s going to spend almost all of his deal underpaid.

Meh. The Cap maximum has gone up nearly $40 just the last two years. It’s still a lot to spend on one guy, but it shouldn’t take much more percentage of the cap than it already has the last few years.

The Eagles might not recover if they sign him for that. I think Jalen has a lot of upside and is durable but that contract will gut the Eagles and by the time they get to the salary cap he might not have many weapons around him.
Whatever they sign him to, his number next season is $5 million. Cap isn't going down any time soon, and they have a lot of flexibility after 2023.

Dude wants to be paid like a top 5 QB, I think he's earned it.

45 is the new 25 with the increased cap.

45 would be less than what Rodgers, Wilson, Watson and Murray all recently got per year of their deals.

I’d rather move forward with Hurts than any of them.

Carr will get around 40, from someone, in the next month or so. 45 is what Mahomes got and he’s going to spend almost all of his deal underpaid.

If someone signs Carr for 40, their GM deserves to be fired.

If someone signs Carr for 40, their GM deserves to be fired.
A 1/4 of the starting QBs are already getting 40 million or >.

I know nobody at this site actually follows sports, but it’s the truth. You guys will have to just trust me.

I know nobody at this site actually follows sports, but it’s the truth. You guys will have to just trust me.
That article states that $45 million per is more than Mahomes got (lolnope, and Mahomes got his $45M/per year deal 3 years ago), and also lists the backup punter they signed who isn't coming back regardless as a guy they might lose in FA.

That article states that $45 million per is more than Mahomes got (lolnope, and Mahomes got his $45M/per year deal 3 years ago), and also lists the backup punter they signed who isn't coming back regardless as a guy they might lose in FA.
Clay Travis is a stupid dicksucker.

The Eagles might not recover if they sign him for that. I think Jalen has a lot of upside and is durable but that contract will gut the Eagles and by the time they get to the salary cap he might not have many weapons around him.

Eagles offensive skill players are all locked up long term. Cap continues to go up.

Eagles offensive skill players are all locked up long term. Cap continues to go up.
Other than Sanders.

Won't be able to keep everybody on D regardless. It'd be nice if they could keep one of Bradberry or CJGJ and hope to replace the other with one of their first rounders.

I understand the sticker shock, and I even understand the logic of "if they pay him that, they can't pay any weapons around him". Except, problem is, that's old logic. It's a new age, and salary caps are rising significantly. If you want a top 5 QB (and this year, he is exactly that), then you have to pay these numbers. We saw what the Eagles look like without him, and it's not that pretty.

He may not get $45M/year, but it'll be close and incentivized. He's earned it, and I support/expect the Eagles to pay the man.

I trust you.

I just really started to follow the NFL a couple of years ago when we became empty-nesters because I didn't have the time before. I had no idea how complex salary caps are and how much "money ball" is actually going on in the NFL.

I could be wrong but it appears to me there are legit guys that can't stay with their current teams because of their salary demands and the caps then on the flip side there are guys out on the field that probably could be replaced by better players because they will take less to play.

Everything to do with an NFL roster is a "money ball' calculation including draft picks and trades. To be honest that stuff is starting to interest me more than most of the games.

Other than Sanders.

Won't be able to keep everybody on D regardless. It'd be nice if they could keep one of Bradberry or CJGJ and hope to replace the other with one of their first rounders.

Sanders is very replaceable.

I understand the sticker shock, and I even understand the logic of "if they pay him that, they can't pay any weapons around him". Except, problem is, that's old logic. It's a new age, and salary caps are rising significantly. If you want a top 5 QB (and this year, he is exactly that), then you have to pay these numbers. We saw what the Eagles look like without him, and it's not that pretty.

He may not get $45M/year, but it'll be close and incentivized. He's earned it, and I support/expect the Eagles to pay the man.
How much does he want guaranteed?

going rate man. Eagles will pay up.

Carr is not in the top 25% of starters