So Someone Explain These NET Ratings To Me

Again....

Why put Quad 1 thru Quad 4 rankings up there like they mean something when they don't mean jack fucking shit?

View attachment 114525

They mean a lot actually. They mean way more than what you keep having an aneurysm over with the individual rankings between teams.

Committee looks at your body of work far more than what the singular NET ranking is for a team.

They mean a lot actually. They mean way more than what you keep having an aneurysm over with the individual rankings between teams.

Committee looks at your body of work far more than what the singular NET ranking is for a team.

OK great.

Yeah I've seen the photo @ericd7633 posted twice. I've also seen it reading the NET page.

#1 is 'Team Value Index' based on 'Game Results' with the "Factors" of 'Opponent, Location, and Winner'

Per that and looking at the NET rankings, #1 shouldn't be #1 at all. It should be #3. Because there's obviously more weight put on #2 and #3.

Let's move on...

RPI

Prior to Nebraska's 16 point upset over #1 Purdue....

Nebraska's RPI was #49 and Purdue's was #1

Today..... Nebraska's RPI dropped to #52 and Purdue's is still #1.

How did Nebraska's RPI drop?

Minnesota won (They've won 7 straight)
Cretin won
Kansas St won
Wisconsin hasn't lost. They play @ Ohio St tonight on BTN.

Indiana lost @ Rutgers
Michigan St lost @ Northwestern

I'm not going thru the scrubs on Nebraska's schedule to see how they did.

Anyway...... The Indiana and Michigan St (road) losses overrode Nebraska, Minnesota, Cretin, Kansas St, and Wisconsin winning?

Last edited:
Let's move on...

RPI

Prior to Nebraska's 16 point upset over #1 Purdue....

Nebraska's RPI was #49 and Purdue's was #1

Today..... Nebraska's RPI dropped to #52 and Purdue's is still #1.

How did Nebraska's RPI drop?

Minnesota won (They've won 7 straight)
Cretin won
Kansas St won
Wisconsin hasn't lost. They play @ Ohio St tonight on BTN.

Indiana lost @ Rutgers
Michigan St lost @ Northwestern

I'm not going thru the scrubs on Nebraska's schedule to see how they did.

Anyway...... The Indiana and Michigan St (road) losses overrode Nebraska, Minnesota, Cretin, Kansas St, and Wisconsin winning?

RPI isn't used anymore. Also, everywhere I've seen they are 29th as of yesterday.