UFC Vegas 37

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 3,154.00
This is a decent card. I'm getting the meat seasoned for the cooker tomorrow.

ESPN+, 7 p.m. ET

Light heavyweight: Anthony Smith vs. Ryan Spann
Light heavyweight: Ion Cutelaba vs. Devin Clark
Women's flyweight: Ariane Lipski vs. Mandy Bohm
Lightweight: Arman Tsarukyan vs. Christos Giagos
Men's bantamweight: Nate Maness vs. Tony Gravely
Middleweight: Joaquin Buckley vs. Antonio Arroyo

ESPN+, 4 p.m. ET

Light heavyweight: Mike Rodriguez vs. Tafon Nchukwi
Women's bantamweight: Pannie Kianzad vs. Raquel Pennington
Lightweight: Dakota Bush vs. Rong Zhu
Men's bantamweight: Montel Jackson vs. JP Buys
Women's flyweight: Erin Blanchfield vs. Sarah Alpar
Welterweight: Impa Kasanganay vs. Carlston Harris
Men's bantamweight: Gustavo Lopez vs. Heili Alateng
Women's flyweight: Emily Whitmire vs. Hannah Goldy

A worthy note: Joaquin Buckley kicks off the main card. He is best known for this killer knockout against Impa Kasanganay who is also fighting in the prelims a little earlier in the day.

btw ... Kasanganay is a good fighter and cut up something fierce. He just got caught that night.

The light heavyweight division was on display and it was neat seeing if any of these guys can compete at the top with Jan Blachowicz or Jiri Prochazka. I didn't see it. Of the light heavyweights from last night, Anthony Smith was the cream of the crop. And he hasn't faired well against the very best in the past.

Like I said in the OP...this was a decent card ... and there were a few guys losing on the card that rose up and came away with the tko. On my scorecard, Buckley was losing but dropped Arroyo and got the finish.

Another come from behind ko was Maness who was getting t'd up by gravely, but Maness proved to me he could take a thumping and just keep coming back for more. And he still had the power when he landed one square on the chin. Great fight. But an even better call out .... The dude calls out Sean O'Malley. He tells commentator Michael Bisping that "Sean doesn't want a ranked opponent. So there ain't no number by my name"... referencing an interview O'Malley had earlier in the week:

O'Malley: “I feel like I’m the main draw at 135, I’m the biggest name at 135,” O’Malley admitted. “So there’s a lot of sweet, sweet, interesting fights at 135 that I would love to be a part of. Obviously I want to get paid fairly, but yeah, I think I’m not too far off from fighting for the title, main-eventing pay-per-views. ... It depends. I really want to fight these three fights out and then start talking big names.

“I don’t think I should be main-eventing for the money I’m making right now.
I think I should be getting paid more, so we’ll see.”

hahahaha.... O'Malley should be able to take Mannes, but it was a great call out and one that might get this kid from Kentucky a real payday.

Other good fights....the Queen of violence just curb stomped a young good fighter who was wreaking havoc in another league overseas. The UFC is a different animal.

Last edited:
Oh yeah....how did I forget this. Deven Clark got his ass handed to him. This happened in the second round. Guy still comes out for the third. Those three front middle teeth are broken right out. I'm guessing the mouth piece held it all together.

1632061205213.png

These fighters are beast.

Oh yeah....how did I forget this. Deven Clark got his ass handed to him. This happened in the second round. Guy still comes out for the third. Those three front middle teeth are broken right out. I'm guessing the mouth piece held it all together.

View attachment 42714

These fighters are beast.
Couldn't get a decent a decent bootleg stream to work. Going to watch a couple on YouTube today

Couldn't get a decent a decent bootleg stream to work. Going to watch a couple on YouTube today

Streaming has gotten much harder and the lag has been off the charts lately. I got tired of it and bought in to espn plus a while back so I could get all of these.