USADA Announces Split From UFC

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 3,154.00
Areil Helwani posted this to his twitter account.

Uh oh. Sounds like the UFC is going after USADA over their statements.

“I couldn’t have been more clear about the reasons that we were making the change, and he was just completely unhinged,” Campbell explained. “Truly, it was a version of a mental breakdown. The only thing that I logically can sit back as I reflect and think on that call is this is an individual that’s dealing with a lot of sh*t right now. I think that call was the straw that broke the camel’s back type of moment.”

Campbell and the UFC are not just content with candidly explaining their side of the story amid the ending of the UFC-USADA partnership. They have demanded that Tygart and USADA issue an apology for their recent statements that claim McGregor’s situation was the reason for ending the business relationship.

“As such, we hereby demand that you publish an appropriate retraction and apology to the UFC by no later than Thursday, October 12 at 5:00 p.m.,” a letter from Campbell’s law firm to Tygart states. “The retraction should acknowledge the falsity of the representations of the statement that express or imply the UFC ended its relationship with USADA in order to expedite McGregor’s return to the UFC. The retraction should also acknowledge the UFC’s repeated representations to you that McGregor will not fight in the UFC until he has spent six months in the testing pool and returned two clean tests as required by the ADP.”