2024 College Baseball Thread

We shall see I guess. Wins and Losses are components of RPI.

The cream will rise to the top.
Winning and losing is only a portion of RPI. Like you mentioned about Rutgers missing the tourney with 44 wins, their RPI was 43, which isn't going to cut it for at large typically.

Florida is barely over .500 and 31 in the RPI. If they just play .500 ball the rest of the way, they'll be just fine because they face only high RPI teams.

But take UC Irvine, arguably the second best team in the west. Sitting at 24-4, they are 17 in RPI. But even if they win out, it'll probably drop because its remaining schedule has opponents ranked in the 100's and 200's. A couple of losses to those teams, they might be on the outside looking in (if another team like Cal Poly wins the conference)

hmmm???

Pierce has 3 CWS appearances, a Super Regional appearance, and one Regional appearance in 7 years. One of those 7 years being a (cancelled) covid year, so 3 CWS appearances, a Super Regional appearance, and a Regional appearance in 6 years.

I wouldn't put much stock in the Regional appearance, but 3 CWS appearances and a Super Regional (last year) is nothing to scoff at.
So he hasn't won an NC (yet)?

Y'all got spoiled with Augie's 2 CWS championships, but that took him 20 years to achieve and his last NC was in 2005.
As a matter of fact Augie's last 6 years had just 2 CWS appearances and one Regional. 3 Years of no post season.
Augie was one of the best and a Hall of Famer as a coach.

Outside of Augie's NC, and Pierce's covid year, their first 7 years are very similar.

The SEC's certainly gonna be a tougher road, but they'll get 6 or 7 teams into Regionals.

i.e. Be careful what you wish for. Just sayin'.

Augie Garrido: First 6 years at tejas = 61.35 winning %

David Pierce: First 6 years at tejas = 64.65 winning %
(I tossed the covid year)

Off with Pierce's head tho? :headscratch:
Pierce fired his pitching coach who was one of the nations best.. and decided to take his place.. and it's only gone downhill. His last CWS appearance was with said P coach.

He is still recruiting well but the pitching has gone to shit.. and despite the talent up and down on that lineup.. bats continue to go silent. Pierce did well but he CAN'T make that next step... he hasn't shown that. He's a good coach but he's not going to take UT to a championship.. and it's going to only get harder with the move to the SEC this summer.

Augie was the best because he won at Cal St..twice in separate stints.. and what he did at UT.. Pierce isn't that

yeah man.. what a shit effort tonight..

Fire Pierce

horns-down.gif

yeah man.. what a shit effort tonight..

Fire Pierce
Well the good news is that at least 90% of your fan base is happy their alma mater won last night. :dhd:

Well the good news is that at least 90% of your fan base is happy their alma mater won last night. :dhd:
is this how it feels when Sam Houston St or Blinn beats y'all in baseball?!??! lol

A&M with a great measuring stick this weekend against Vandy. Of course we lost the series to Florida and they look to be on the struggle bus, so this might get ugly.

A&M with a great measuring stick this weekend against Vandy. Of course we lost the series to Florida and they look to be on the struggle bus, so this might get ugly.
well, happy to have been wrong here. :yes:

1Texas A&M32-43
2Arkansas30-51
3Kentucky30-58
4Tennessee30-64
5Oregon State29-55
6Clemson29-62
7Duke26-107
8Florida State30-510
9East Carolina27-89
10Virginia28-811
11North Carolina29-713
12Wake Forest24-1114
13Vanderbilt26-106
14Louisiana28-919
15Oklahoma State25-1121
16Oregon25-1018
17UC Irvine25-712
18Alabama24-1225
19Coastal Carolina24-1120
20South Carolina25-11NR
21Arizona21-13NR
22West Virginia22-13NR
23Virginia Tech23-1016
24Georgia27-9NR
25Dallas Baptist26-815
[TR]
[th]
RANK​
[/th][th]
SCHOOL​
[/th][th]
OVERALL RECORD​
[/th][th]
PREVIOUS RANK​
[/th]​
[/TR]
[TR]
[th]
RANK​
[/th][th]
SCHOOL​
[/th][th]
OVERALL RECORD​
[/th][th]
PREVIOUS RANK​
[/th]​
[/TR]
Dropped Out: UCF (17), Mississippi State (22), Nebraska (23), Florida (24)

OH YEAH!!!!

Gonna need an update on this feeling after last night.
update? nothing has changed

#FirePierce

I think even his most loyal backers have switched.. he was blaming pitching.. u know the same position he decided to take over last year and continue this season..

update? nothing has changed

#FirePierce

I think even his most loyal backers have switched.. he was blaming pitching.. u know the same position he decided to take over last year and continue this season..
I thought Gordon was your pitching coach, is Pierce doing it? LMAO

For the second weekend in a row, Bama gets to host the nations #1 team. Lucky them, but I hope my Ags fare better than Arky did.

OU men took game 1 in Provo vs BYU last night. Sooners remain in 1st place in baseball and softball.

OU men took game 1 in Provo vs BYU last night. Sooners remain in 1st place in baseball and softball.
1st place in what now?