Funky Friday

So, it turns out that my electrical panel is the problem. I can get creative and shoehorn some breakers into the same spot with thin breakers.

Don't know how the A/C ran fine for close to a month before it decided that enough voltage was getting to the outside, but whatever. At least I have an option to fix it.

I will need a new service panel at some point, though, because now I don't have any more room in the box to add breakers.

So, it turns out that my electrical panel is the problem. I can get creative and shoehorn some breakers into the same spot with thin breakers.

Don't know how the A/C ran fine for close to a month before it decided that enough voltage was getting to the outside, but whatever. At least I have an option to fix it.

I will need a new service panel at some point, though, because now I don't have any more room in the box to add breakers.

so a different kind of still expensive job.

Reactions: Me
And not one that needs to happen right now.

I can at least pay off all the other shit I've had to sink money into first.

are you able to shut off anything to free up voltage?

are you able to shut off anything to free up voltage?
There's something goofy with the last two places in my panel. There isn't an anchor (I don't know the specific term) for the front part of the breaker to catch on in either spot.

My work-around is going to be to get two slim breakers or a double breaker to power the outside outlets. Right now, they're each taking up a whole spot in the panel.

That cost me big money when I had to do it. I want to say a grand but that seems high. Panel started ghosting out while I was gone on a golf trip. Wife called me crying because lights were flickering and going on/off.

Had to cut my trip a day short and come home to look at it. She was terrified since she's had a house burn down so I just called a contractor. He fucked me good, I think it actually was a grand. Took one journeyman and a helper 4 hours and they kind of stared at it most of the time.

I haven't been to Tunica in 5 years so it's longer ago than that. Will cost more where you live.

Just trying to cheer you up.

Didn't know what a sybian was, did a search, now I feel dirty and have to clear my history.

That cost me big money when I had to do it. I want to say a grand but that seems high. Panel started ghosting out while I was gone on a golf trip. Wife called me crying because lights were flickering and going on/off.

Had to cut my trip a day short and come home to look at it. She was terrified since she's had a house burn down so I just called a contractor. He fucked me good, I think it actually was a grand. Took one journeyman and a helper 4 hours and they kind of stared at it most of the time.

I haven't been to Tunica in 5 years so it's longer ago than that. Will cost more where you live.

Just trying to cheer you up.
The contractor who did my basement said to expect a new panel to cost about 2 grand. So I'm ready for a hurting.

Still cheaper than a new AC.

electricity GIF

There's something goofy with the last two places in my panel. There isn't an anchor (I don't know the specific term) for the front part of the breaker to catch on in either spot.

My work-around is going to be to get two slim breakers or a double breaker to power the outside outlets. Right now, they're each taking up a whole spot in the panel.
I think that's called a bus bar, the hot one.

I think that's called a bus bar, the hot one.
Yeah, for some dumb reason, the last two spots on one side of the panel don't have anything for a breaker to hook onto the bus bar. The A/C stopped working because the second leg of the double pole breaker was not catching on to the bus bar.

Yeah, for some dumb reason, the last two spots on one side of the panel don't have anything for a breaker to hook onto the bus bar. The A/C stopped working because the second leg of the double pole breaker was not catching on to the bus bar.
The only way it isn't there is if it broke off inside the breaker.