Top 10 non-conference rivalry in 2024.

USC - ND had 6.43 million viewers last season.

Oregon - Oregon St had 4.12 million viewers last season.

Since Nebraska - Iowa was brought up, they had 4.39 million viewers last season.
team being relevant and having followers that will watch even in a 4 win season are not the same thing

team being relevant and having followers that will watch even in a 4 win season are not the same thing

Me thinks you've lost your way here.

USC/Notre Dame ...............................>>>>>>> Oregon/Oregon St

^^ 22 National Championships ........................ ^^ Zero National Championships

Me thinks you've lost your way here.

USC/Notre Dame ...............................>>>>>>> Oregon/Oregon St

^^ 22 National Championships ........................ ^^ Zero National Championships
when was the last time Nebraska was nationally relevant? they still get eyeballs from their fans despite having 52-67 record over the last 10 years. relevant doesn't mean historical.

when was the last time Nebraska was nationally relevant? they still get eyeballs from their fans despite having 52-67 record over the last 10 years. relevant doesn't mean historical.

So this is about nEbRaSkA?

I get that you want no part of the USC/Notre Dame rivalry.

OK. I'll play.

2023 Viewership Average

Nebraska: #15 (2.39 million)
Oregon: #18 (2.06 million)

Population

Nebraska: 1.9 million
Oregon: 4.2 million

So more people watched Nebraska football than just "Their fans".

i.e. Nebraska's 2.39 million viewers >>> 1.9 million residents. Oregon's 2.06 million viewers <<< 4.2 million residents.

I'm not saying Nebraska/Colorado even belongs on this list as the vast majority of Nebraska fans don't see Colorado as a "rival". Maybe the younger generation post Big 8? Oklahoma has always been viewed as our traditional rival.
However, Oregon/Oregon St doesn't deserve to be in the top 7, let alone being #1.

I've maybe watched 3 Oregon/Oregon St games in my entire life. There were always bigger rivalry games going on the same day.

OK. I'll play.

2023 Viewership Average

Population

i.e. Nebraska's 2.39 million viewers >>> 1.9 million residents. Oregon's 2.06 million viewers <<< 4.2 million residents.

I'm not saying Nebraska/Colorado even belongs on this list as the vast majority of Nebraska fans don't see Colorado as a "rival". Maybe the younger generation post Big 8? Oklahoma has always been viewed as our traditional rival.
However, Oregon/Oregon St doesn't deserve to be in the top 7, let alone being #1.

I've maybe watched 3 Oregon/Oregon St games in my entire life. There were always bigger rivalry games going on the same day.
sorry USC still got eyeballs even though they were 7-5 last year coming off a good season which was coming off a 4-8 season.
ND still got eyeballs in 22 even though they started 0-2 and lost to Marshall. even when ND has good years people dont take them serious because of playoff blowout losses. one of their most recent good seasons they still missed the playoff.

OK. I'll play.

2023 Viewership Average

Population

Oregon state has been the lower draw in the rivalry because they have had all of 1 good season in recent years. Oregon has still be more relevant even with less eyeballs.
residents doesnt mean fans. I live in Washington state. my parents live in Hawaii. I have friends in vegas, North Carolina, Texas, California all still Oregon fans. I have friends here from Nebraska. still watches Nebraska.

sorry USC still got eyeballs even though they were 7-5 last year coming off a good season which was coming off a 4-8 season.
ND still got eyeballs in 22 even though they started 0-2 and lost to Marshall. even when ND has good years people dont take them serious because of playoff blowout losses. one of their most recent good seasons they still missed the playoff.

They get eyeballs because of who they are.

Maybe Oregon can be somebody someday and they'll get an umbrella in their cocktail too??

2b3b07ec8d5465e7128fa94a594d407c_w200.gif

Oregon state has been the lower draw in the rivalry because they have had all of 1 good season in recent years. Oregon has still be more relevant even with less eyeballs.
residents doesnt mean fans. I live in Washington state. my parents live in Hawaii. I have friends in vegas, North Carolina, Texas, California all still Oregon fans. I have friends here from Nebraska. still watches Nebraska.

I don't think what you said there explains anything regarding Nebraska having a higher viewership than Oregon.
i.e. People move out of state and remain sports fans of that state? Well fucking DUH. Who'd a thunk?

billy-madison.gif

Regardless of how many have moved from either state............

Nebraska viewership is 125% of it's actual population.
Oregon viewership is 49% of it's actual population.

They get eyeballs because of who they are.

Maybe Oregon can be somebody someday and they'll get an umbrella in their cocktail too??

2b3b07ec8d5465e7128fa94a594d407c_w200.gif
because of who they were
still doent make them relevant

I don't think what you said there explains anything regarding Nebraska having a higher viewership than Oregon.
i.e. People move out of state and remain sports fans of that state? Well fucking DUH. Who'd a thunk?

billy-madison.gif

Regardless of how many have moved from either state............

Nebraska viewership is 125% of it's actual population.
Oregon viewership is 49% of it's actual population.
nebraska has 1 school in the state
oregon has 2 and an FCS
hell Nebraska doesnt even have an FCS to take some of the fans.

and what i said about fans being else where has everything to do with you stating population of the state as if that determines who is watching what.

because of who they were
still doent make them relevant

You're dead set on making yourself look bad.

College Football Average Viewership 2023....

Notre Dame: #8 (3.46 million)
Southern Cal: #11 (2.83 million)

Whether you duckies like it or not......That is current relevance in the eyes of CFB fans.

Try harder.

nebraska has 1 school in the state
oregon has 2 and an FCS
hell Nebraska doesnt even have an FCS to take some of the fans.

and what i said about fans being else where has everything to do with you stating population of the state as if that determines who is watching what.

You're still struggling...

Oregon's viewership is less than 50% of it's entire state.

Therefore Oregon St and the FCS fan bases combine for greater than 50% of the state of Oregon. LMFAO!!!

Last edited:
#17 Auburn at 2.07 million had more viewers than Oregon and that's competing with #2 Alabama at 5 million viewers.

Not to mention D1 programs....

UAB
Troy
South Alabama
Alabama A&M
Alabama St
Jacksonville St
Samford

"BuT oReGoN WaS cOmPeTiNg WiTh oReGoN St AnD aN FCS FoR ViEwErS"

You're dead set on making yourself look bad.

College Football Average Viewership 2023....

Notre Dame: #8 (3.46 million)
Southern Cal: #11 (2.83 million)

Whether you duckies like it or not......That is current relevance in the eyes of CFB fans.

Try harder.
and you still dont get that viewers doesnt make you relevant on the landscape of college football.
a small town high school team may fill the stands on friday night because thats what happens in small towns and only win 2 games. full stands doesnt make them relevant in the overall standings of their league or state.

and you still dont get that viewers doesnt make you relevant on the landscape of college football.
a small town high school team may fill the stands on friday night because thats what happens in small towns and only win 2 games. full stands doesnt make them relevant in the overall standings of their league or state.

You know what else makes one 'relevant'?

USC getting full share going into the Big 10 and Notre Dame also getting full share if they were to join the Big 10.

You know what else makes one 'relevant'?

USC getting full share going into the Big 10 and Notre Dame also getting full share if they were to join the Big 10.
wrong again. just because someone is willing to pay you more doesnt make you relevant. an employee with more experience is going to make more than someone with less even if the person with more experience does less on the job. you can be employee of the month and make less money

wrong again. just because someone is willing to pay you more doesnt make you relevant. an employee with more experience is going to make more than someone with less even if the person with more experience does less on the job. you can be employee of the month and make less money

a8a3e32bfc8f13f96dff3bb5281065f5.gif