Would you be okay signing your daughter up for Cub Scouts?

Woud you be okay signing your daugher up for Cub Scouts

• Of course! It's 2020 dude, I'm totally woke

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Hell no! It's called Boy Scouts for a reason now get off my lawn!

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Warm Tater Salad

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Completely agree that Cub Scouts teach cooler, more usable life skills than Girl Scouts which I'd be fine with.
unless you want your girl to be able to cook and sew.

but what if it were the other way around and your boy wanted to join the girl scouts?

we don't have the option to create polls and see who votes for what anymore, do we?

What do you mean by "his safety"?
well if your daughter were to join boy scouts and you were to be against it, why would you be against it?

I don't ever remember being rewarded an AR-15 for winning the Pinewood Derby.
The kid that won it already had one, so he was OK to do a redraw for it. It's usually an AR-15 but I THINK last year it might have been a 30-30.

The gun isn't there, they have to go the store and fill out the paperwork to get it but it's already been paid for.

The kid that won it already had one, so he was OK to do a redraw for it. It's usually an AR-15 but I THINK last year it might have been a 30-30.

The gun isn't there, they have to go the store and fill out the paperwork to get it but it's already been paid for.

#Merica

that's...dumb.

that's...dumb.
Well I guess they could have done a transfer, but just paying for it and rewarding it to the scout is fine too. The kids that won them didn't complain, so what's your beef?

Well I guess they could have done a transfer, but just paying for it and rewarding it to the scout is fine too. The kids that won them didn't complain, so what's your beef?
don't think a cub scout can even legally own an AR.
how old are these kids?

don't think a cub scout can even legally own an AR.
how old are these kids?
I started my response being about Boy Scouts, not cubs. Not much difference.

The parents sign the paperwork, the gun is the boy's, much like when any dad gIves their kid a gun. Or how I made sure each of my kids have a gun. Scouts starts at minimum age of 11 I think.

well if your daughter were to join boy scouts and you were to be against it, why would you be against it?

I'm okay with my daughter joining Cub Scouts as I think she can learn cooler, more usable skills in it than the stuff they teach in Girl Scouts.

However, I wouldn't be okay with my son joining the Girl Scouts. Not because he might be a little fruity, but if he were a fruit cake I'd still want him to learn the skills and traits that the Boy Scouts teach.

So I was just informed that my 7 year old daughter wants to join Cub Scouts this year. I did a double take and asked, you mean Girl Scouts? Nope Cub Scouts, mainly because Girls Scouts are meeting remotely and Cub Scouts are not.

Should I be worried?
Nope, based on recent news and pending lawsuits I would say that is the safest place for your daughter.

I'm okay with my daughter joining Cub Scouts as I think she can learn cooler, more usable skills in it than the stuff they teach in Girl Scouts.

However, I wouldn't be okay with my son joining the Girl Scouts. Not because he might be a little fruity, but if he were a fruit cake I'd still want him to learn the skills and traits that the Boy Scouts teach.
I think they should combine the two and teach both boys and girls the same thing.

The Scouts