22 Years Ago next Monday the Largest Tornado ever recorded on Earth hits Oklahoma

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 18,000.00
May 3rd, 1999.
I watched them track this storm on Radar for 2 hours before it hit Moore, Oklahoma.
It was tremendous. Nobody was sure what direction, exactly this storm was going to take. So we were all pinned to the TV.

It set new records for everything.

We just thought that one was bad, until this one showed up 13 years later, in May, going right thru Moore, Oklahoma; again.

They said that 4000 homes were destroyed in the first one, and 12,000 homes destroyed in the second one.

Must be some geographical funnel that moves these things right thru Moore.

May 3rd, 1999.
I watched them track this storm on Radar for 2 hours before it hit Moore, Oklahoma.
It was tremendous. Nobody was sure what direction, exactly this storm was going to take. So we were all pinned to the TV.

I was a member of the Scott Air Force Base Crisis Action Team when that storm hit. That was one of only times in the three years I was part of that team that we mobilized for a real-world event.

2:00 hrs, from the time it spooled up until it got past us.

May 3rd, 1999.

We just thought that one was bad, until this one showed up 13 years later, in May, going right thru Moore, Oklahoma; again.

They said that 4000 homes were destroyed in the first one, and 12,000 homes destroyed in the second one.

Yeah I have kinda of always been amazed with tornados, I have shown my kids these videos and many more as a matter of fact.

Moore, Oklahoma
2013 - 200mph = EF5
1999 - 302mph = EF Holy shit

May 3rd, 1999.

Jayzus, same town, that is wild. :L

I was a college freshman and it was finals week. Walking back to the dorms after one that afternoon- those clouds were like nothing I'd ever seen before. It was just nuts.

I think I've watched damn near ALL the youtube vids out there about these two monsters, from '99 and '13. Simply incredible, really puts in perspective what little flecks of dust we are in the grand scheme of things

May 3rd, 1999.

Ho Lee Fuk