22 Years Ago next Monday the Largest Tornado ever recorded on Earth hits Oklahoma

Tomorrow is 25 years.

The first Tornado I was 'In', I was 10. It went right over my house; thank god it wasn't on the ground.

I was in the 1986 Edmond Tornado that destroyed a lot of homes 1 block away. My house wasn't touched.
This is my neighborhood.

I've been in at least a dozon that have been within a mile of me.

I'll pass on the twisters, that is some crazy shit.

Mother Nature can drop 2 or 3 feet of snow on this property tomorrow and I'll have it cleaned up in a 1/2 hour.at most.

I lived through the blizzard of 96 in Amish country pa. We had like 36 inches or so. Took me 2 days to shovel the driveway. But it took the plow 3 to get to my street. Then I had to spend another 2 days shoveling my driveway again

Tomorrow is 25 years.

The first Tornado I was 'In', I was 10. It went right over my house; thank god it wasn't on the ground.

I was in the 1986 Edmond Tornado that destroyed a lot of homes 1 block away. My house wasn't touched.
This is my neighborhood.

I've been in at least a dozon that have been within a mile of me.

^^ Incredible video footage there ^^

I've been in a hurricane and a tornado. I'd take a hurricane over a tornado any day. In a hurricane you've got a couple days warning to board up windows, evacuate (if needed), etc.

In a tornado you've got mere minutes to take shelter. Preferably below ground. Not to mention the most violent tornadoes exceed the most violent hurricane winds.

Hurricane winds

Cat 1: 74-95 mph
Cat 2: 96-110 mph
Cat 3: 111-129 mph
Cat 4: 130-156 mph
Cat 5: 157 mph or higher

Tornado winds

EF 0: 65 - 85 mph
EF 1: 86 - 110 mph
EF 2: 111 - 135 mph
EF 3: 136 - 165 mph
EF 4: 166 - 200 mph
EF 5: 200 mph or higher

This video was taken about the time my brother's house was hit by it. Cordova, AL Apr 27, 2011. My brother escaped with two plates being put in his arm while the guy next to him in the basement was fatally injured. It was an EF4.

This video was taken about the time my brother's house was hit by it. Cordova, AL Apr 27, 2011. My brother escaped with two plates being put in his arm while the guy next to him in the basement was fatally injured. It was an EF4.

Won’t ever forget listening to the radio that day and the weatherman said if you live in ‘Alabama there is a 100% chance of a tornado coming within 20 miles of you tonight’.

May 3rd, 1999.
I watched them track this storm on Radar for 2 hours before it hit Moore, Oklahoma.
It was tremendous. Nobody was sure what direction, exactly this storm was going to take. So we were all pinned to the TV.

It set new records for everything.

We just thought that one was bad, until this one showed up 13 years later, in May, going right thru Moore, Oklahoma; again.

They said that 4000 homes were destroyed in the first one, and 12,000 homes destroyed in the second one.

Must be some geographical funnel that moves these things right thru Moore.

Tornado’s follow patterns and while they aren’t exact and definitely deviate if you follow them long enough you will see trends.

Tornado’s here typically get started around Tuscaloosa go up through Minor/Huey Town/Gardendale, swing by the airport and will loop through Trussville, Moody and Pell City on the way to Georgia.

I live in Trussville so when we get wind of a warning in Tuscaloosa you start paying attention really quick.

Tornado’s follow patterns and while they aren’t exact and definitely deviate if you follow them long enough you will see trends.
I have noticed that tornados will follow 'geographical paths'. Hills, plains, rivers, etc. They seem to follow, over and over, the same paths.

Moore Oklahoma seems to be in one of those paths.

Huntsville is getting fucking blasted by tornados right now. One went right past the hospital and wrecked parts of downtown and another just touched down in Monte Sano.