Gonzaga News

Didn’t watch all of it, but with this team, a road win is good enough.

What an awful officiated ending. We by no means played well, but get the calls right for crying out loud.

Zags need to beat UK and the St marys return game to even entertain the idea of an at large now

Zags need to beat UK and the St marys return game to even entertain the idea of an at large now
honestly, the sport needs to get back to having big OOC games late in the year. it was a long staple that has been abandoned in the past 15-20 years. tournament-level teams should get better over the course of the season.

Yeah, it'll be interesting. They're 0-5 right now in Q1. They also have a couple other problems and that is they have an additional conference loss, so it would take St Mary's losing twice to have a co-title, and the WCC is rated the 11th best conference. What I've noticed in the past with the selection committee is that if you win a top 8/9 league, you will get selected if it's close. But that's typically been if you were an outright winner of it. Davidson in 2022, Wichita State in 2021. I remember Temple in like 2016 getting in because of something liken this, which was a little controversial.

At the end of the day, I think they'll win the WCC tournament. Finish something like 23-8 and be an 11 seed or so.

honestly, the sport needs to get back to having big OOC games late in the year. it was a long staple that has been abandoned in the past 15-20 years. tournament-level teams should get better over the course of the season.

Agreed especially with conference play starting in mid december now days. There should be a Saturday in February where every team plays a non con game

Could have a lot of excellent match ups as the tournament nears

Yeah, it'll be interesting. They're 0-5 right now in Q1. They also have a couple other problems and that is they have an additional conference loss, so it would take St Mary's losing twice to have a co-title, and the WCC is rated the 11th best conference. What I've noticed in the past with the selection committee is that if you win a top 8/9 league, you will get selected if it's close. But that's typically been if you were an outright winner of it. Davidson in 2022, Wichita State in 2021. I remember Temple in like 2016 getting in because of something liken this, which was a little controversial.

At the end of the day, I think they'll win the WCC tournament. Finish something like 23-8 and be an 11 seed or so.

Agreed I think they end up pulling it together to win the WCC.

But an at large for them right now would be absurd(honestly even with a UK win it would be pretty blah), you simply cant make the tournament when your best non con win is present day Syracuse.

Agreed I think they end up pulling it together to win the WCC.

But an at large for them right now would be absurd(honestly even with a UK win it would be pretty blah), you simply cant make the tournament when your best non con win is present day Syracuse.

Yeah, hypothetically their best at-large case would be to win out and lose in the WCCT final to St Marys. They'd be 3-6 against Q1(assuming San Fran stays Q1). And then still 3-1 against Q2(assuming USC stays Q2, but that's a big assumption). So they are looking at being 6-7 against Q1/Q2. But more importantly just 2 wins against the field. I'm sure their have been at-large resumes that have gotten in with 2 or fewer wins against the field, but I'm gonna guess it's a mid-major team with like a 30-3 record or something like that. I don't think that would get them, although I do think it would be pretty close not knowing what else would happen around the country. They've got to have USC and Cuse continue to be Q2 wins, and for their sake hope UCLA can play themselves up to a Q2 victory. 24-7 record looks good on the surface, until you really look at it.

Like, just comparing that to a team like North Texas last year, North Texas was 4-5 against Q1/Q2(with a Q3 and Q4 loss) and they weren't particularly close.

I agree with all what you guys said except the WCC tourney. Not as confident we can win that.

Only real thing you can take away from tonight is the 15 3s made. Hopefully something close to that can continue.

Apparently Dusty Strawther plays for Gunzawga now. Come on Jay Wright,you’re better than this.

Kentucky has to be the worst defensive team of any team that is within striking distance of top 40 overall.

Holy fuck. If zags could shoot this would be a boat racing

Ike just fouled out one one of the worst calls I’ve ever seen.

And then Hickman gets hacked, but sure, jump ball.

Playing a losing team that had only 6 scholarship players and you give up 46 points in the 1st half? Embarrassing. I don’t care that we’re up. Wasting a huge win.

Dusty Stromer with a solid offensive game for the first time in a while, which is great to see.

What a dominant 2nd half.

Looking good tonight.